More threads by David Baxter PhD

Halo

Well again I think that it is going to be a really valuable resourse in this area. Did you learn of it this morning because you are mentioned on it :)

Retired

What a great resource. Will it be included in the Support Directory or does it fit better in the Mental Health Directory?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It seems to be a combination of both, Steve. However, it's a new site, I think still partly under construction - I wasn't able to access the support groups part this morning.

just mary

I just had a quick look, it's pretty informative and it seems thorough. It would be nice to see a similar web page for the city I live in.

Retired

It would be nice to see a similar web page for the city I live in

What a great idea, Mary!

I don't know the initiator of the Ottawa page, but I suspect it might be a computer and internet savvy mental health professional.

If you are connected to the mental health network in your City, you may want to put out some feelers to identify a person in the field with interests in increasing awareness.

If you are in Canada, you may wish to visit the local office of the Canadian Mental Health Association and talk to them about the idea.

If you have a contact in one of the Departments of Psychiatry or Psychology you may want to speak to some of the residents...they are often the people who are interested in innovative ideas.

Halo

I actually had a thorough look at the website last night and it really is quite an extensive resource which is still under construction but is going to be excellent for the City of Ottawa. I also hope that others take notice and create a site similar for their respective cities.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.