More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Singers dancing in a workplace (a salon) and, at the end, the hair stylists dancing to the music:

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Dr. Teresa Lesiuk, an assistant professor in the music therapy program at the University of Miami, studied how listening to music affects work performance. Dr. Lesiuk’s research, conducted over a span of five weeks with 50+ developers from four Canadian software companies, shows that folks who listened to music had better ideas and completed their tasks more quickly.

Researchers studying how background music affects performance on repetitive tasks found it boosted efficiency. The study was focused on productivity in factories, but the findings are universally applicable. Working on repetitive and boring stuff? Listen to upbeat music to stay alert and motivated.

Listening to music can improve our mood, boost cognitive and physical performance, and keep us motivated for longer—but it all depends on the kind of music you listen to...

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
On work-life balance:

So you come a long way...

This busy earnin'
You can't get enough

You think that all your time is used
Too busy earnin'

You can't get enough

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
No, none of them are. But they hire many of the same dancers for the music videos.

Jungle's most popular song on Spotify is the one I posted above, "Busy Earnin'," followed by "Casio"and "Happy Man" below:

When all your dreams are gone
And you're still holding on
You waited far too long
Don't say
I know, you know it's over

It all could be different
Try to do something new
I've given everything
I want to be a happy man, too

They even do client-centered, solution-focused music therapy! :D

Now we stop the pretending
Kinda hard to listen
While they're talking...

You never gonna change me
I was already changing
I was already changing...

I have never had a band stick in my head as well as they have -- at least not in a long time.

Jungle is not very popular in the United States (as I never hear them on the radio), but they are popular in their homeland, Britain, on BBC radio. And they keep touring around the world. They were in Phoenix in early March, not that I would have gone with COVID still going around.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Research Shows Your Company Should Consider Swapping Coffee Breaks for Dance Breaks

"After the 18 months of regular exercise both groups saw an increase the hippocampus. But, it was the dancers who also benefited from improvements in the right part of the hippocampus."

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.