More threads by moomoo

moomoo

Interested to read your thoughts.

OK, I wrote several months ago about waiting for the judgement for our custody case.

Well, we lost BIG TIME.

We now have very minimal contact with the kids and we were not believed by the judge at all.

Since then we have naturally been totally devastated and been reaching out to anyone and everyone for help.

To say we are vulnerable is an understatement.

Well 2 individuals have come forward to 'help' us.

The first is a 'bush' lawyer (not sure if you've heard the term) but won his own custody case several years ago and took an interest in helping us -- or so it seemed.

Then he tried to have sex with me - to begin an affair... so I told my husband and we naturally stopped seeing him. (Yes we were shocked)

Now yesterday we found a friend of a friend (who says he is a solicitor) who has looked at our case and has agreed to work 'pro bono'

Bear in mind we only MET HIM YESTERDAY.

Today he rings my husband and asks him to hire a car for him to file documents for his fiancee... my husband said 'no' because we don't know this guy and well, frankly, what if he steals the rental car?

But because he has been really kind and taken an interest in us we both drove down to him (an hour) and left my car with him to borrow supposedly overnight... I don't need the car until Friday though and to be honest although it runs ok it has a cracked head gasket and will not run for too much longer anyway,maybe weeks, maybe months (mechanic advice)

Ok so this new guy knows us for ONE DAY and is already asking for pretty big favours that is ringing alarm bells for me.

I am glad to get it all out - to clarify this. But I think tomorrow morning I will be telling my husband that we are going to cut ties with this man.

We have another case coming up in court on the 9th of December that we are scared about but I think something is wrong with this guy.

I think he is a psychopath grooming us and getting ready to take advantage.

What do you guys think?

Banned

Banned
Re: My brush with 2 psychopaths???

I think you're definitely wise to proceed with extreme caution. Surely there are other (better) avenues you can go through to find someone reputable to help you with your case?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Contact your local bar association or law association and ask about lawyers who take prop bono cases.

Alternatively, if you live near a university with a law school, often senior law students will offer clinics to the public where they will give you legal advice and/or represent you as a way of getting practical experience.

moomoo

Re: My brush with 2 psychopaths???

I think you're definitely wise to proceed with extreme caution. Surely there are other (better) avenues you can go through to find someone reputable to help you with your case?

Nah, it's all over for us.

No one can help us - that's the hard grain of truth.

Anyone who says they can help is lying.

I'm so over this and I am learning a very hard lesson about predators.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.