More threads by adaptive1

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Sorry guys, I just erased this, I am not ready to talk about this yet or see it in writing. All will be fine, life is very good despite some health news and I wish you all health and happiness.

Last edited:
Re: My health..

And again, from someone else. You can put anything down, I've heard it all!

We'll do our best to at least know you're not alone in what ever the matter is.

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP

Thanks you guys, been away for awhile. I have some health problems at the moment and have been quite sick but emotionally doing well and very proud of myself because despite the anxiey of physical illness, I have not had any problems related to obsessive compulsive behaviour for quite awhile now which was how I usually dealt with my anxiety in the past. A kind therapist has helped a lot just to check in with and some nice people in the medical profession as well. Prognosis is pretty good for me I think so I am feeling very appreciative of everything at the moment. What a few years its been though, one thing after the next, hopefully brighter days are ahead for all of us.

Thank you for the support.

Halo

Adaptive,

I am happy to hear that emotionally you are doing well but sorry to hear that physically things are not so good. Glad to hear that the prognosis is good and I wish you all the best in your recovery. My thoughts will be with you.

Take care

you're welcome :) we're here any time you need us. i am glad you're doing well mentally and i hope the physical stuff will soon follow. :goodjob:

adaptive1

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP

Hello again

I haven't been on the boards too much lately but I have been thinking of you guys and your site, it's been so helpful to me the last year or so. Funny now that my physical health has improved again, I have been struggling lately with the desire to do compulsive things. I guess maybe my mind just needs to be busy with something, the trick has been to keep it occupied and not focused on repetitive type behaviour. Gosh it can be challenging though, as I am sure you all know from all the things that all of you have gone through. Even reading other peoples posts and trying to give my suggestions sometimes (sorry, I know I dont have much to offer compared to the rest of you) helps take the focus off my OCD and onto other things.

Anyway, thank you to David and all the rest of you, even helping me refocus on something else is making a big difference. I will never forget all that you have done for me.

ladylore

Account Closed

Glad to be of some help adaptive. :) I am really glad your physical health has gotten better. Obsessions can be challenging, I experience them every now and again, and they do drive me batty at times. But when I know I am obsessing then that is alot of the battle. And you sound like you know what is going on, and that is a good thing.

Hope you keep dropping by - your a good person to have around. :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.