More threads by AmZ

AmZ

Advice, as always, appreciated....!

Is there any other qualification which is 'close enough' to a phD in Clinical Psychology that could possibly suit my needs? (If the one below doesn't work out or sound appropriate in any way).

I of course want someone with the most experience and education in the appropriate field/s as possible is proving to be a tough feat!

For example, this person sounds good... (?)

Education: BA, minor in Psychology / MA, Clinical Psychology / PsyD, Clinical Psychology

Approach: I work with children, adolescents and children, in both individual and group psychotherapy treatment settings. I enjoy using a range of orientations and techniques when working with others and try to implement the psychotherapeutic approach that best suits the individual and their needs. As such, I tend to use a mix of cognitive behavioral, interpersonal and psycho dynamic approaches.

Areas of specialization: Depression, Bereavement/Loss, Improving/Stabilizing Mood, Post traumatic Stress, Phobias, Anxiety, Obsessions & Worry, Panic, Social Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety.

Experience: Additionally, I work as a clinical psychologist and clinical researcher at HEK (CBT Clinic). As a clinician, I work with individuals suffering from both anxiety and mood disorders, primarily from a CBT orientation.

I see that she finished her MA in 2004 and finished her phD in 2008 - Ideally, I would like someone with many years of experience, but maybe she 'fits the bill'!? Looks like she's probably only a couple of years older than me :thinking:

Just want to get a psychologist, and keep him/her and get down to business already!

TY in advance.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The credentials as posted sound good. Young and inexperienced isn't necessarily a drawback - may make her more open to trying different things and more aware of current research. That's better than old, stuck in his ways, and close-minded! :)

AmZ

:teehee: Concurred.

I'll call her today and see if everything else sounds good/do-able.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Yikes, for now, it's 8am and I need to get ready and go to work... Already woke up with a bad stomach again and starting to feel anxious now before I've even left my house.

Get a grip on yourself girl!!!

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Right, at work, and calm, and plan to stay like this! :)

No messing around.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.