• Quote of the Day
    "People are crying up the rich and variegated plumage of the peacock, and he is himself blushing at the sight of his ugly feet."
    Sa'Di, posted by David Baxter

David Baxter

Administrator
Some of you may have noticed this in action over the past 24 hours.

What happens is that if you were the last person to post in a thread and you add a followup post to the same thread, the forum will now automatically merge the two posts into one.

This is simply a "housekeeping" feature and happens automagically so there is nothing as a member you have to do or worry about.

David Baxter

Administrator
I should point out that I have it set so that Moderators are exempted. There are times when, for clarity, moderators may want the posts to remain separate.

Hmm, I think that could be confusing. :confused:

But I understand the need for housekeeping. :)

I wonder is there a time limit for this like with editing your posts?

Last edited:

Halo

Janet, as far as I understand it, I don't think that time will have anything to do with it being that it is automatic and it is a feature that you have no control over. I could be wrong on this but I am sure that David will correct me if I am.

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
I love the merge feature. I saw it action with my posts yesterday and I was like "cool."

Halo

I really think that it is going to work well and keep the forum much nicer looking and from a housekeeping point of view much tidier. As you said Daniel, very :cool:

I guess I don't like things that give me less control. I'm weird. :D But that's life.

Halo

That's not weird Janet, that is life like you said....accepting the things you cannot change, much harder than we think :)

Last edited:

David Baxter

Administrator
I wonder is there a time limit for this like with editing your posts?

There is. I'm not sure what setting I'm going to use, yet, though - I've already changed it twice. But it will be in hours, not minutes.

Halo

I don't understand what you mean by time limit? Am I missing something or just a little off tonight and need some sleep :eek:

David Baxter

Administrator
Well, if the second post is more than X hours after the first post, the automerge doesn't activate.

Halo

Oh that makes sense :) I think I definitely need some sleep as that went right over my head :eek:

There is. I'm not sure what setting I'm going to use, yet, though - I've already changed it twice. But it will be in hours, not minutes.
Ok, that makes more sense. Not that the whole thing didn't make more sense. I just have a mind that works weirdly. :D Thanks.

Top Bottom