More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Some of you may have noticed this in action over the past 24 hours.

What happens is that if you were the last person to post in a thread and you add a followup post to the same thread, the forum will now automatically merge the two posts into one.

This is simply a "housekeeping" feature and happens automagically so there is nothing as a member you have to do or worry about.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I should point out that I have it set so that Moderators are exempted. There are times when, for clarity, moderators may want the posts to remain separate.

Hmm, I think that could be confusing. :confused:

But I understand the need for housekeeping. :)

I wonder is there a time limit for this like with editing your posts?

Last edited:

Halo

Janet, as far as I understand it, I don't think that time will have anything to do with it being that it is automatic and it is a feature that you have no control over. I could be wrong on this but I am sure that David will correct me if I am.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I love the merge feature. I saw it action with my posts yesterday and I was like "cool."

Halo

I really think that it is going to work well and keep the forum much nicer looking and from a housekeeping point of view much tidier. As you said Daniel, very :cool:

Halo

That's not weird Janet, that is life like you said....accepting the things you cannot change, much harder than we think :)

Last edited:

Halo

I don't understand what you mean by time limit? Am I missing something or just a little off tonight and need some sleep :eek:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.