• Quote of the Day
    "In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived,
    and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."
    The Buddha, posted by David Baxter

Benjamin

Well, kind of new. I haven't been here for quite a while.

Psychology is a fascinating field of science. I've been studying psychology for quite a while in an effort to try to better understand people, including myself. If I had it to do over, I think I would have become a psychologist -- probably an experimental psychologist. Instead, I write software for a living.

Some of my areas of interest are self-esteem, social anxiety, CBT, self-efficacy, relaxation techniques, and exposure therapy. I recently started a group in Denver for people who suffer from social anxiety -- kind of a combination support and exposure group.

I'd like to thank Dr. Baxter for running this site and generously providing information.

Ben

Daniel

Forum Supporter
MVP
Welcome.

I recently started a group in Denver...

BTW, I once considered moving to Denver but then I read about the winter weather, e.g. today the high in Denver is 29 degrees (F). (Even North Florida is sometimes too cold for my preferences since I would rather contend with a humid summer than a cold winter.)

Halo

Welcome back Benjamin :wave:

I hope to see you around more :)

:welcome: nice to meet you! i am totally fascinated by psychology too and have been reading a lot on the internet. i'd love to take some courses but for the moment have other priorities, and am holding off for few years.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Thanks for the warm welcome (back)! There are quite a few topics I'd like to discuss here and get other people's opinions on.

Top Bottom