More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The new Metro styles are now live and accessible from the Style Chooser drop-down menu at the bottom left of any forum page, just above the footer.

From there, you will see the option for the Psychlinks Original default style, the basic (blue) Metro style, and below that all the different Metro color options.

29d165cb4eb66f9bedb14fee038aefe2.jpeg

You can set your favorite to be your personal default via your account settings.

To set your PERSONAL DEFAULT STYLE:

1. Click on Settings at the top right of the home page.
  2. scroll down to My Account >> General Settings
  3. Scroll down to Forum Skin
    There is more than one skin in which you can view the forums. If you would like to switch to a different skin, select it from this list.
  4. Select your choice from the drop down menu there.
  5. Scroll to the bottom of that page.
  6. Click on Save Changes at the bottom right.

Attachments

• style-chooser.jpg
    style-chooser.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 3

GDPR

GDPR
I really like green,orange,purple and golden because they look more bold but still gentle on the senses.If I had to pick just one it would be green.Golden would be my second choice.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I really like green,orange,purple and golden because they look more bold but still gentle on the senses.If I had to pick just one it would be green.Golden would be my second choice.

You won't have to pick just one. If I keep the Metro style, all those colors will be available so you could just pick the one you like best. And if you get bored with that after a while you can change to something else.

What do you think about the general style and layout?

They are back now.

They all look pretty good, so I'm having trouble picking a "best default".

Another question (boy, aren't you glad that I'm posting at the moment :rolleyes:) about these Metro styles though...

Is it possible to align the font displayed in the reply text box (currently some sort of serif font), with the font that is displayed when the post is actually posted (a sans-serif font)? Just seems a bit weird having them misaligned, and I personally dislike reading serif fonts.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Another question (boy, aren't you glad that I'm posting at the moment :rolleyes:) about these Metro styles though...

Actually, yes I am. :) I want the feedback. And the beta testing. :panic:

Is it possible to align the font displayed in the reply text box (currently some sort of serif font), with the font that is displayed when the post is actually posted (a sans-serif font)? Just seems a bit weird having them misaligned, and I personally dislike reading serif fonts.

I'm sure it is. There are still a few tweaks that need to be done. Will try to chip away as I (or you) find them... I need a to make do list... :)

And I agree. The editor font also makes it harder to see typos.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

The easiest way to avoid that font when posting is to use the Enhanced WYSIWYG Editor.

1. Click on Settings (top right of any forum page)
  2. Go to General Settings
  3. Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options >> Message Editor Interface
  4. Select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
  5. Then scroll to bottom right and click Save Changes

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

The regular text in Quick Reply and the standard editor boxes are now set to a family of sans-serif fonts instead of the default serif font.

I think it is the same family of fonts used in the rest of the forum. If not identical, it is very similar, and it is definitely sans serif. :)

Chipping away at minor nugs little by little... :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.