More threads by Ashley-Kate

well i am really nervous at the moment I just met my new nutritionist today and she told me straight out that it is the first time she has a client with anorexia or bulimia cause i think she is just starting her career and she has never worked with anyone with this disorder and well i think she is great and all but she seems to not know how to work with me and that could be a good thing that I can help her help me at the same item but i don't know how .. i was so used to keeping some things from my old nutritionist cause the other one knew that i was not always saying the truth but this one won't know therefore she won't be able to help me anyway i just don't know how to really help her understand what my e-d is and how i live with it what it is to me is different than how other see it
yours truly Ashley

Halo

Re: new nutritionnist

Ashley-Kate,

While I think that it is great that you were open and accepting to see a new nutritionist today and that you are seeing this as an opportunity to help her as she is just starting her career, I wonder if she hasn't had the background training to help someone with eating disorders then she may not be the best person to help you out. Do you know if she has had any training in this area?

she actually didn't mention anything about training she said that she has gotten herself documented on this and that she can't really help me much until i get some of my past sorted out because my obsession with food ar edirectly linked to my past but the only thing she told meto do is to try and eata bit more without really giving me any strategies and also to take vitamins and well she is goign to try and get a dr to see me as soon as possible and also get my to get blood teste done do to my current eating habits she worries that my physical health may be the reason i am so reluctant to treatment and depressed.
but besides thati have no idea how to eat more to do the steps . or even just to take supplements.
yours trully ashley
ps do to the small village i live in i don't really have any other resource on the nutritionnal side

Halo

Ashley-Kate,

Sorry I didn't realize that you were in a small village and only had limited resources however I guess you have to make due with what you have. What does sound good about this nutritionist is that she is taking an interest in trying to get a doctor to see you as soon as possible to get blood tests done. That part sounds encouraging.

Take care

yeah normally i would have been very uncomfortable with someone that kows my disease less than i do but no one will ever know more than me but the thing is i feel that with me she will learn to help others the only probleme is i may be too deep in this disorder to actualy think of teaching someone when thatwill probably keep me in it.. she also asked me if i would consider going back to the same hospital in intern facility and i refused yet again .. so that shows that i may need it and with her little experience it may be very unrealistic of me to think that i will be able to get much better .. but i find with her i may be able to stall a bit and not get any worst.. but than again the nutritionnist that just left me was very informed and knew this disorder very well and yet i just kept getting worst.
i just don't know .. she seems well aware that the holidays were really hard and she is very attentive. but i am just a bit confused.
yours trully
ashley

Heather

It is good she is attentive and good about the dr, but i hope that she will be able to help you. Who knows she may be great, only time will tell I guess.

Heather...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.