More threads by Ashley-Kate

It's been a while.

I was evaluated a couple of months ago for PTSD the Dr. that saw me put me in his research study. It's a new treatment; it's still in the whole trial of it all. It's scary because I have no reference point I don't know if its working or how I am supposed to feel because its new and not many have tried it yet. It's scary for me. I am in good hands I have a great team working with me and they seem to know what they are doing but than again it's really very hard on me. I know its not supposed to be easy but I didn't know it was going to be that hard. I am struggling with many of the symptoms and I don't know how to get past it.

I know I am not clear on why I am writing here but I don't know what more to say. The flashbacks are hard to deal with and nightmares as well. I am not sleeping much and that is probably making the symptoms more difficult. I am really just trying to make it day to day and it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Part of me wants to bail on the treatment yet I know the beginning is hard and that it will be easier maybe soon but it's hard to hang on .

I needed to just talk not feel alone in it .. thanks.

Ashley

Re: new treatment

Ashley, I am so glad that you have a good support team. And even though it is hard and painful and seems impossible I believe that you have inner strength that can get you through this. Rely on your team to help you and know you're not alone. Wishing you the best always. You can do this! You deserve a good life. :)

So good to hear from you Ashley-Kate and that you are receiving new treatment plan to help you. Yes i hear you it is hard hun but you use your team ok w hen things get difficult to help pull you through tough spots Post here too ok let some of those thoughts out here so they don't build up inside you and so you don't feel so alone hugs to you

with the new treatment i dont really have therapy it is sort of this thing that i have to write about the traumatic event and read it out loud to the researcher that is assigned to me, i am also taking a medication that is with the study and is supposed to diminish my ptsd reactions.. i started seeing my old therapist again seeings how i finished the eating disorder treatment but i just started back with him. The psychologist who sees me at the new program is the director of the research he talks to me a bit but there is no therapy with him .. i just go there once a week to do the thing and then leave. i am pretty much alone with myself afterwards..

He is director of the research but also a therapist so i think if you need to talk to him he would listen and i am glad you are starting to see your old therapist again who also can help ground you after the sessions

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Wow that is very difficult Ashley-Kate. Please feel free to talk here as much as you need to any time, especially after you do the research sessions. Maybe there are also some online chat centres or phonelines or some other thing that could be a helpful possibility after those difficult sessions? Perhaps too you could mention to the researcher that it is really difficult for you afterwards - maybe there is some sort of service or a bit more time that could be given to you afterwards? Or even someone you could sit with for a while?

I do think whatever you do to help yourself is bound to be better for your recovery and your quality of life in the long term, so we are really proud of you for hanging in there. A better situation for you in the longer term is bound to be worth the difficult struggle, as long as you have good supports and ways to get through what you are doing.....

Have you told them you're really struggling with the in-between times? Tell them and see if they have any suggestions. And it's good that you have your psychologist back. He can help you deal with the pain and struggle you're having.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.