More threads by forgetmenot

That time again not wanting to eat but put supper on for hsb
I am not sleeping either just not able to sleep.

Hard because i don't want to eat just thoughts of it makes me feel ill. i try to eat just so hsb sees i am trying.
I get up i do everything needed to be done but that times of day when i was to be elsewhere i am here now and i don't want to eat or be .
so hard to explain.
i just want an ending but there is no ending.
i don't want to eat i want to sleep but cannot even do that. uggg

Sorry to hear that you are struggling forgetmenot.

I don't have experience with grief so forgive me if this is a rubbish suggestion... But I was wondering if you have made any plans for yourself for things to do during the time that you used to spend elsewhere?

Maybe something that helps you to remember and honor her presence in your life, while also being a self-care activity - for example sewing a blanket out of materials that remind you of her, or lighting a candle and listening to music with your eyes closed, or reading a book, writing your own story... Etc. Obviously it's going to be pretty personal, but it might help to give meaning to that time rather than it just being a reminder of something that is no longer.

GaryQ

MVP
forgive me if this is a rubbish suggestion...

Not rubbish at all gooblax. I think it's a great suggestion.

FMN, I'm also sorry to hear you're having trouble eating and sleeping. I Really hope you can get some :zzz: I know you don't like taking meds so I have no other suggestions but maybe Daniel or someone else has a natural solution to help you get calm and sleep.

But... I can send you a big virtual hug and my favorite support smileys :support:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Getting some medication to use temporarily so you can get some sleep isn't a bad idea, @forgetmenot.

No one can function without sleep and it just makes everything you are trying to cope with that much harder.

Have you talked to your doctor bout not eating or sleeping?

In the meantime, you could try melatonin or chamomile or "Sleepytime" tea. I'm not sure they would be much help in your case but you could try them.

Thanks i do try to get outside walk down to pond afternoon and evening to water my plants there . Not much of a tea person have not talked to my doctor at all really just my therapist twice now since ma passed. I have not tried melatonin i know it is something already our body stores. will talk to pharmacist tomorrow see if i can try that then thanks.

Thanks Gooblax for your suggestions as well. I just keep looking at the clock rushing like i used to do trying to fit it all in so i can go see ma. Then i realize there is no reason to rush at those times what i usually do is go to the pond where she and my brother is . I water the tree and plant there it usually brings emotions on so i don't stay long just say a few words say im sorry then go back to the house. I am also trying to do as she wanted me to do look after my one brother who has dellusions and paranoia i am trying to get him into a nrsg home out of the house he is in now. He is not being taken care of there. That was the one thing ma wanted me to do most. Hsb gave me large glass of wine it help me to relax some i did get 4 hrs sleep so it helped. I know guilt is no good but it is hard i know nothing can be undone now so i just have to let it all go and move on.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.