More threads by Max10

Max10

Hi Folks,

Though I've been a member for a while I have not been here much. Between legal challenges, a lack of internet access, and working on healing from childhood sexual abuse, PTSD, and other related stuff I have not participated here yet. I have been in twice weekly counseling for going on 2 years now. I am truly feeling the benefits of this commitment to healing myself. For the 1st time in my adult life I truly love myself and have discovered what I want to do with the rest of my life. I want to start a center for healing male survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I know from my own experience that there are not many places men can safely go to work on this issue. I feel that the way to stop the cycle is to heal the men. Men have been taught to hold their feelings inside and I know this is one of the reasons men have a hard time seeking out healing and also a reason the abuse continues in our society.
I look forward to participating here and learning as much as I can about the work I want to do. I also look forward to sharing the modalities that I use to deal with life's challenges such as my art. I have Fibromyalgia and I believe it was caused by the abuse I went through as a boy. I have found art therapy to be a useful tool for dealing with my pain and create between 150 and 300 new images a month as a way of distracting my mind from the pain. I would post my images here now but have no url to link to.
Thank you and have a wonderful day....no matter what !

~ Orchid

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Welcome Max!

I think you have some very astute observations there. It sounds like you are doing really excellent work and I wish you the very best as you continue on!

Hi Max10 good to hear you are healing with help of your therapist nice to hear from you when possible it would be nice to see some of your art work hugs

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.