More threads by Adrianne

Adrianne

Hi,

I have severe depression, Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar 2. For the last year or so I've been hearing voices, but like in a distance.

Whether I'm alone in silence or with someone sometimes it sounds like there are conversations going on in a far away place. I hear men's or women's voices but can't make out what they are saying. Its like if you were inside your house and heard people talking a few houses away but can't hear what they are saying.

Is this considered schizophrenia?

It doesn't happen all day long but most of the day. I am home alone all day and I rarely listen to the radio and never watch TV during the day.

I'm on Viibryd for the depression and Lamictal for the mood disorder, but the Viibryd is expensive as hell ($600 a month!) and it doesn't seem to be helping.

I just went through a couple of months with changing meds and all it did was make me sick to my stomach.

Is there some other kind of drug for this sort of thing? Is it even considered schizophrenia? I'm so confused!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Hi, Adrianne.

We cannot diagnose you from a distance - in fact, we specifically prohibit that here, per our Forum Rules.

The best advice we can offer you is to see your doctor(s) and (1) let them know that your current medications do not seem to be helping and that they are a financial stressor; and (2) that you are concerned about your symptoms.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.