More threads by lallieth

lallieth

Yesterday and today I am starting to feel the effects of cutting back my meds.. shakiness, grogginess, nausea, headache etc.. Not anxiety as I can tell the diff between withdrawal and anxiety

Of course its worst in the afts, if I delay taking my meds I feel terrible.. I know that "this too shall pass" but it aint easy.

I feel like taking a nap, but I wil only feel worst after, so Iam trying to work through the tiredness. :yuck:

Ok EDIT I feel like *RAP....is feeling like this really worth it? My head feels like it weighs 100lbs and all wobbly on my neck....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lallieth

Been there.
I made it through.
It can be awful, but it's possible.
I really do feel for you.

:hug:
Thank you..I have been through this too,but forgotten just how BAD it can be..I also get one side of my face that tingles for a minute and it drives me batty... I am gonna head outside and play with the dog to take my mind off it,that's if I don't vomit first :(

OK honestly..I am angry..angry at my therapist for suggesting it and angry at myself for agreeing to it and having to go through this crap...putting myself through this seems pointless...oh I know its not,it's just the anger talking...blah blah blah

braveheart

Maybe go to the park and throw sticks for your dog?
Or have you got a ball you can throw at the fence or a safe wall repeatedly?

Halo

Do you think that you could write some of your poetry which may be helpful to release some of the anger?

lallieth

Thanks all for your suggestions...I have to remember that I am responsible for my own actions and so have to take what comes should I make a decision.I decided to reduce the meds to help with therapy and that being my goal,will stick to it despite the bad days

I have been feeling really good lately,save for today,and needed a good kick in the pants(thanks to my husband)

Retired

I have been feeling really good lately,save for today,and needed a good kick in the pants(thanks to my husband)

Sometimes some supportive "friendly persuasion" from a loved one goes a long way.

that being my goal,will stick to it despite the bad days

That is the inner strength that will help get you through this difficult period.

Good for you...:2thumbs:!

ladylore

Account Closed
A friendly reminder lallieth that we all go through bad days. One bad day, or even a few in a row doesn't mean it will stay that way.

I remember a time when I thought recovery meant no bad days and if I was going through a rough spot I was doing something wrong. Thankfully, not true and as I found out my therapist even goes through rough times.

Keep up the great work. :hug:

lallieth

Update

Well the withdrawal has stopped and I feel dang good! I am sleeping SO much better,not waking in the night,waking up happy and refreshed with loads of energy My appetite has gone back down to normal this week as well

I still have no anxiety,not even a inkling,but then again I haven't thought about it in quite a while. I actually tried to bring on some anxiety the past week with no success

:)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.