More threads by Sinate

Sinate

Hi there!

My name is William, I am 18 years old.

I had OCD as a child but didnt realize it, and always looked back wondering why i "tortured" myself with thoughts...

The condition seemed to have left me for a very long time.

I never touched any substances untill my lastfew months of highschool...I started smoking weed alot for a few months, and just occasionaly drank.

I then also tried a good amount of ecstacy one night, while high and drunk...

That night was life changing, in that it made me realize I was going down the exact wrong path for my life and needed to get it back on track. So I cleaned up and confessed to my parents etc.

Right after I quit everything, tried the E, my OCD made its way back! I didnt realize why, it could be a combination of things-

Missing Highschool
Starting real life + a job
Girlfriend issues
College

etc.

But I believe alot of it can be from the E. Ecstacy is said to lower seratonin levels, causing depression for a week or so after and even in some cases chronically for years.

Im guessing now that this is what caused my OCD to spark back up, as I felt depressed for no reason for a week or two, and I have read OCD is directly related to low seratonin levels.

SO! moving on so you donthave to read a wall of text!

I went through a few weeks figuring out what was going on, put my finger on it, worked through a vAST Array of obssesions and fears and got to where I am now.

Ive made leaps and bounds but something that still bothers me is I feel....different...

I feel like im ALWAYS talking to myself in my head, reasoning with myself, focusing on myself which keeps me from giving 100% true genuine attention to other people. It makes me feel sometimes like im loosing a genuine relationship with my parents or something...

Is this common from OCD? Or can this be a different disorder?

I also get so deep into some thoughts or feelings sometimes, i get a shocked scared feeling all over, and thentend to forget what I was even thinking about....Its weird.

Like one time watching TV, i saw a tool that was a perfect circle. I immediately thought "how did a human ever make a perfect circle" etc and i started going somewhere with it in my mind that scared me....These things are strange to me....I dont know if they are related to OCD or not?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.