More threads by Superiority Tails

Retired

Have a look at this link from The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)

NIMH is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH),
a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

There you will be presented with a complete overview of OCD and its treatments.

By clicking on the above link, the NIMH page will open a new browser window, so when you're done, close the NIMH window and you will be back on Psychlinks.

Please return to this discussion with any further questions or comments you might have.

Similar threads

To be released in December: https://www.newharbinger.com/9781648481390/the-intrusive-thoughts-toolkit/ Quiet your noisy mind—and find peace of mind—with fast-acting, on-the-spot relief for persistent, painful, and intrusive thoughts. Do you have unwanted, repetitive, negative, or intrusive thoughts that are getting in the way of your life, keeping you up at night, or making you downright miserable? If so, you need quick tools you can use right now—whenever and wherever you are—to soothe...
Replies
Views
From the book's description: Living with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder can be a bewildering experience. The daily battle taking place in your brain can leave you feeling lost without a compass. But you don't have to take this journey alone. The OCD Travel Guide provides you with the strategies you need to recognize your OCD symptoms, reduce the influence these symptoms are having over your life, and prioritize your own internal compass over OCD's "Bad Directions." Excerpts about developing...
Replies
Views
OCD diagnosis as a relief -- after years of misdiagnosis: https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/holistic-approach-needed-for-mental-health-diagnosis#1
Replies
Views
When OCD Compulsions Hurt You by Sian Ferguson, Psych Central Nov 30, 2021 Imagine, for a second, that you use your hands for work every day. And now imagine that your hands suddenly stop working. Your muscles feel so sore that it’s sometimes impossible to move them. It becomes nearly impossible to open jars and medicine containers. Even holding a cup of tea is difficult. Because I’m a writer, I often feel like my job is all in my head. Research, reading, and writing are cerebral...
Replies
Views