More threads by Chibi

Chibi

And the good that has come out of this...

I had a 2nd appointment with her yesterday, which oddly enough for her was not a scheduled appointment it was literally (just come in any time after 1pm) So I did...I showed up at 1:30 with my mom and my best friend/soon to be roommate. She was a LOT happier today, she still talked exceedingly fast and seemed to take offense that every so often I would scribble down notes on a pice of paper, all they were were questions that I wanted to ask her when she stopped to take a breath.
Once all was said and done she assured me that things will be set up, hopefully by Dec 1st, they gave me a cheque for the back pay PLUS an early cheque to cover November's cheque. We also discussed now that I'm off of OW and onto ODSP I WILL be moving, I'd been waiting for the switch to move, so that means I'll be transfered to a different office and get to deal with a new case worker :)

I feel, dare I say much? better today, but then I just had a nice long hot shower in my new apartment, I'm surrounded by my kitties and though I feel like crying I have my own private space I can do it in.

More updates will come once I'm transfered etc...

Oh Way to go hun bringing two people in with you this time. Good job in getting it done and over with now you can just enjoy your new appartment. All the hard work is over hugs to you

Iandude

Oh Way to go hun bringing two people in with you this time. Good job in getting it done and over with now you can just enjoy your new appartment. All the hard work is over hugs to you

Hi my first time here not sure where to post this, glad everyone is so friendly here, my question is, when u receive the odsp letter saying u been accepted or not, is the letter thicker when denied or just one page either way, im having major panic attacks lately, been over 2 months waiting for the letter now, thanks all.

Hi Iandude waiting is hard i do hope you hear back from them soon if not is there a phone number you can call and just ask what the status of your claim is I don't think the thickness of evelope really can tell you what outcome is because sometimes if you are denied they may ask you for more information from doctors that they did not receive
Hope you hear soon.

making_art

Oh... It's iandude haha! That's good you have some monies to get you by until odsp comes into place..... Dont hesitate to utilize the food bank to get you through....

Iandude

So i still havnt gotten my letter back saying if i got odsp or not, now canada post might be going on strike, will i still get my letter or am i gonna be in trouble with this strike? btw this is a long wait, they received it april 15th ugh

boswell

If the post office goes on strike, you will have to call your local odsp office to find out if the DAU sent them your decision.

Iandude

Just found out might be waiting til sept now, seems like way more than 90 business days, this is making me have panic attacks and higher anxiety uggh.

boswell

You have to start from the day they received it and count five days for every week, not including holidays, so it may seem like more because 90 business days is closer to four months than three.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.