More threads by braveheart

braveheart

Just one word

AGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I feel the anxious tension of the cramps starting. The anxiety actually starts in my abdomen around my womb area. I am living proof of the theory of hysteria. Or something.
But I'm not hysterical. Just on edge. Majorly.
It's like a pressure.

Zopiclone and mirtazapine tonight and therapy tomorrow and Thursday. Thankfully.

And PMS clinic on Monday. Good timing!

What do I need?
Not chocolate. I've not eaten any for several weeks. Amazing, eh! I am seeing if not eating chocolate has an effect on my mood. Right now I am not so sure it's making a difference!
Moral support through this would be welcome though. And any self help suggestions. Please!

Halo

Braveheart, I hear you loud and clear. I am in the exact same situation and feeling the same way. I don't know if I have any great suggestions or solutions for this because if I did then I would use them myself :) I usually just try and lay low and ride the wave sort of speak until I start to feel like "myself" again.

I usually tend to withdrawal more than usual around this time as well knowing that I am on edge and irritable with others. I also just try to be really easy on myself and not overdue anything and be very forgiving with myself.

Like I said....no great suggestions but these little things help me.

Lots of hugs to you :hug: :hug:

lallieth

Oh Braveheart Iam SO with you on this one...I do what Halo does,take lots of time for myself,rest,take hot baths.And like you,I tend to avoid others,simply because I know Iam cranky and don't want to take it out on other people

Last edited by a moderator:

braveheart

Thanks!

I've just had a hot shower with my special rose body wash, and used the matching cream too....
I'm going to get an early night.

This afternoon I worked upstairs away from the office - mainly because I didn't want to cart piles of boxes of books and books on CD up and down the stairs, but also because I sense I needed my own space. Thing was being alone was peaceful, but also stirred up my anxiety.
I just hope my period starts on time this month. I'm not sure I could bear another full week of this! [Today is Day 26, and my cycle varies between 31 and 38 days. Uh. Another 5 days of this. AGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!]

lallieth

UGH Is right!..my periods are so erratic and have been for quite some time I cannot wait for menopause..BRING IT ON

dark

Question for the ladies; are baths preferred in lieu of showers? I understand baths might be beneficial for PMS etcetera; but sitting in dirty water doesn't seem clean at all.

*warning* OCD person talking here...

braveheart

Ah, but aromatherapy oils you see...... :)

I used to be a baths person - 2 baths a day, but now, I shower. Hot water jet on painful areas can be really good. But also nothing beats a good long soak.
And.. if you shower before you bath, there's no problem with the water being dirty.

Oh, and you can't read in the shower. Or eat chocolate! Mind you, I've given up chocolate for now!

It's eased a bit today - expressing good feelings in therapy helped a lot. And getting a good [albeit medicated] sleep last night.

dark

Ah, but aromatherapy oils you see...... :)
I used to be a baths person - 2 baths a day, but now, I shower. Hot water jet on painful areas can be really good. But also nothing beats a good long soak... And.. if you shower before you bath, there's no problem with the water being dirty... Oh, and you can't read in the shower. Or eat chocolate! Mind you, I've given up chocolate for now! ... It's eased a bit today - expressing good feelings in therapy helped a lot. And getting a good [albeit medicated] sleep last night.

Yes to peaceful sleep, which normally isn't a problem here fortunately.

I was thinking in terms of getting all soapy in the bath; that to me would equate to dirty water. On the other hand showering before tub does have merit, but seems like too much work and precious water.

Never had the chocolate fixation, although like a few puffs of ganga on a cold winter night, followed by a hot shower. Nothing is more tranquil and soothing as that!

Normally I take 2 showers daily; one before work and another after my exercise program in early evening. Wee!

lallieth

I am NOT a shower person.I would much rather lay in a hot bath.IT relaxes my brain and body and sets me up for sleep..I do some of my best thinking laying in a warm bath

lallieth

Im a bath person,, love putting lavender oil in the water, so relaxing, showers wake you up and baths relax you:)
I agree..I LOVE the smell of lavender..in fact I have a little bottle of lavender oil and when I am feeling stressed I inhale it deeply..really does work!

My bath consists of LOTS of bubbles...and a fragrant fav body wash of mine,folllowed by a hot towel and a vanilla/almond body oil and cream

Lavender is one of the best oils available, i also have a lavender pillow, and some paper hankies which have lavender in them, they are good to carry round with you if you feel stressed or anxious, its something Ive only started to do recently after finding them in a health shop:)

braveheart

I like Geranium oil! And I've got a real thing about Body Shop Tea Rose perfume oil just now - I bought myself a bottle after my first PMS clinic appointment.

dark

Conclusion and to generalize : Baths normally are an activity enjoyed by women as a relaxation tool.

braveheart

You're probably just about right there. :)

And, to update, the intensity of my anxiety's lifted a bit - through good work in therapy, eating properly, and also having a 1:1 meeting with my manager where I could address a bunch of concerns I had.
I'm holding on in there. It's Day 28 I think today. Only a few more days until relief!

dark

You're probably just about right there. :)
And, to update, the intensity of my anxiety's lifted a bit - through good work in therapy, eating properly, and also having a 1:1 meeting with my manager where I could address a bunch of concerns I had.
I'm holding on in there. It's Day 28 I think today. Only a few more days until relief!

braveheart -- I'm always happy when you're happy! It's great you're eating good too; a few weeks ago I was worried with flatmates / baby
etcetera.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.