More threads by Ash

Ash

Argh! I'm so tired of PMS! I'm sad, irritable, jealous, tired, vindictive even. I'm giving my boyfriend the cold shoulder because a co-worker always goes to lunch with us. Yes, I know that my reasoning for being upset is silly. Doesn't seem to help my mood, though.

Any suggestions on what might help this? It's ridiculous and the real trial (debilitating cramps) hasn't even started yet.

Why is it that hormones flucuate so much month to month? This is the worst I've been in ages. :-(

Kanadiana

Ash said:
Argh! I'm so tired of PMS! I'm sad, irritable, jealous, tired, vindictive even. I'm giving my boyfriend the cold shoulder because a co-worker always goes to lunch with us. Yes, I know that my reasoning for being upset is silly. Doesn't seem to help my mood, though.

Any suggestions on what might help this? It's ridiculous and the real trial (debilitating cramps) hasn't even started yet.

Why is it that hormones flucuate so much month to month? This is the worst I've been in ages. :-(

Hi Ash ... sorry. All I can come up with is

1) I empathize and this too shall pass ... sorry its only til next time tho. Perhaps you can learn to dance with it. Not only do women have to predictably accommodate it into their lives, but also learn to KNOW their own cycles and how they manifest, how to cope with the moods and symptoms. Try to plan a little in advance for the inevitable "cycle" and know its a vulnerable time. It ain't usually a good time to try and resolve "issues" in relationships etc. :eek:

Cycles and intense rections seem to coincide with an irrsistable and almost compulsive urgency to FIX WHAT DOESN'T WORK ... especially "chronic issues"

2) I have a book ... somewhere! Packed... too many major geographical moves lately ... don't know where it is,but you might gain some insite or something from it. I'll keep looking, but meanwhile, I belive the title is:

"Women, Moods, and Mental Health"

Ash

Thanks for the reply, sweetie. I got over it. Of course. I just get tired of having so many things affect my moods! Guess it's time for a med check. <sigh> Hope all is well with you.

Kanadiana

Ash said:
Thanks for the reply, sweetie. I got over it. Of course. I just get tired of having so many things affect my moods! Guess it's time for a med check. <sigh> Hope all is well with you.

Hi Ash ... I hear yah ...argh!

I don't know your age but are you peri-menopausal? (building up to menopause)

The best thing I do for myself, regards stress in general, is try to pinpoint all the stressors in my life, including health, relationships, home, with a mind to seeing what stressors I can get rid of, and how to get rid of them. I make a list sometimes . I can only take somuch stress before its too much ... chronic negative things deplete me most ... so THOSE are the ones I pay attention to.

I had to get really ruthless ... after severely crashing physically and psychologically ... and it works to a large degree. What I most need stable is my emotions and ongoing negative crap zaps me so I've nothing left over for the bigger stuff ... and will send me into flares too (arthritis/tendonitis/bursitis)

Yeah ... Iguess just take stock, be as ruthless as possible because we only have so much energy and ability to do our lives and have to "budget"it EEK

"Sorry darlin' ... reached my budget for this/today" grin .... "

By the way ... I'm doing pretty good actually. Someone is trying very hard to absolutely change my destiny ... he might just do it ... very soon. I've been a yoyo in yes/no/maybe so .... stressful ups and downs. But looking good ...

Wish I could fix your swings ... I would if I could :)

(hug)

SpaceTime

Ash said:

Well, I'm a guy myself. I know quite abit about the menstrual cycle, etc. However, since i'm not a female, I don't know what works, etc.

If you do get cramps, I'd try using those heated pads. perhaps.

Why is it that hormones flucuate so much month to month? This is the worst I've been in ages

I'm pretty sure that's normal. How old are you? It depends on age. I'd imagine if you're a teenager the effects would be much worse.

Why hormones flucuate? I'm not sure. However, it probably depends on several factors. How stressed you are, how much estrogen your producing, etc.

Here's my advice:

Try to don't be stressed. It's been proven that people that relax and live life easy live longer. I know it can be frusterating at times. But think that this that moment is only a moment in time, and like always, things will get better. You WILL feel better. Take deep breathe's if your pain, perhaps try some medication. Talk to your friends, get support, and as always try to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps, and sorry I can't add anymore.

awwwww, bless 'im!

anyway... this is a trick I use, (when I am on my monthly's). Run. Go for a Run, until you are exhausted.

I have a really snappy time during PMS, and my partner is a saint, yet, I'll still bite his head off for leaving the room with out giving me a good bye kiss. Actually, this kind of activity is also good for actual cramps, or so they say, eh?

good luck with your monthly's..... I think that the only help anyone can really give you is to say that we understand, and it will be happening to us soon enough!!!

hehehe
bye for now

sammy

Robin...how can you run when your stomach feels so heavy as if it's around your feet? :D

Any idea what I mean... (don't necessarily mean stomach size :D)

and that aint the only thing that feels as if its hanging right down..... ;)
i know, and obviously im not talking about a marathon.... but once you start its a little easier... and then it stops hurting..... (or maybe the pain is just being displaced to my legs and lungs... i am a smoker.. . regretfully)
I just thought that my phys ed teacher was a sadist, but it did help.
try it next time

momof5

Interesting thread to find, lol.

I must be pre men right now. I have never had regluar menstrual cycles. They do seem to be getting worse. I'll spot for a week, and get all the pms things that come before that, get over it, spot for a day or two with all the pms things, and totally tired. I could sleep forever anymore. This past month I swear it has started and stoped a zillion times.

I find that I get more angry then I already am at hubbie dear. All things that he has done this past year or more just pile up and I look at him and feel like I totally hate him, wish I were self supportive, learned faster the stuff I am trying to learn. ARgh, so angry right now.

Hi Ash,

I don't know if you have tried these ideas but its worth a try. Studies have shown that women who exercise at least three times a week report less PMS symptoms. Eating less salt may decrease some of the bloating and swelling. A healthy diet, rich in complex carbohydrates and low in simple sugar might also be helpful. Limiting caffeine and alcohol intake might be helpful in reducing irritability and mood swings. Relaxation techniques might also decrease physical discomfort and stress. I can't imagine what is like but my heart goes out to women for the PMS troubles they experience.

Lana

Ahh...PMS...I can relate. I work out regularly but during that time find that I move like a slug and feel that my trainer is particularly mean LOL I use humor to cope. I look for it everywhere. And when I need my own time, I take it by telling my husband with a smile, "I have PMS, did you need anything?" He usually winces saying (full of compassion I'm sure), "Do your ovaries hurt?" LOL And then lets me be until I'm ready to be sociable.

pip

Lana said:
Ahh...PMS...I can relate. I work out regularly but during that time find that I move like a slug and feel that my trainer is particularly mean LOL I use humor to cope. I look for it everywhere. And when I need my own time, I take it by telling my husband with a smile, "I have PMS, did you need anything?" He usually winces saying (full of compassion I'm sure), "Do your ovaries hurt?" LOL And then lets me be until I'm ready to be sociable.

Ehehehehe. My boyfriend just pretends like nothing is happening.

'Go away I'm crotch-bleeding you hairy ******'

'Going upstairs to play games'

'Gimme a hug first buttface'

'sure'

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.