More threads by foghlaim

foghlaim

as ye can see i'm still here... not sure naymore when i'm going.. if indeed i do get to go anywhere at this stage . :(

I even managed not to s.i. for along time until last night..and now well i don't know what to think.. another bump maybe.. don't know.. i'm just so fed up!

nsa

ThatLady

It's just a bump in the road, nsa. It's not permanent, and it's not all that high. A little slip, that's all. Just try to keep your head up and keep going. Hopefully, you'll be able to get away for a bit soon.

nsa don't focus on the fact that you did si.. focus on the fact that you haven't done it for a long while. that is an accomplishment. today is another day and you can start over. just a little bump like tl said.

Halo

NSA

As you know me pretty well, I know all about bumps in the road and having to look at each and every day as a new one with it comes to si. You didn't do it for a long time and for that you should be extremely proud of yourself. Pat yourself on the back for that and well I was just wondering if there is any connection between tapering off the meds and the need to SI. I might be completely out to lunch but just wondering?

Take care and remember that you are always in my thoughts. :)

Nsa, I've got to echo the rest - to not si in a long time is an achievment! Sometimes part of SIing is habitual, and so to break that habit deserves a pat on the back. So last night was a bad night for you - things like this happen to us, and while you should look at it as a measure of how poorley you were feeling, try not to get bogged down in the guilt of it all.
Thinking of you today
Robin

nsa i was thinking the same thing as nancy.. the si may have been a result of you tapering your meds more than your docs want you to. please consider this as a possibility.

ThatLady said:
It's just a bump in the road, nsa. It's not permanent, and it's not all that high. A little slip, that's all. Just try to keep your head up and keep going. Hopefully, you'll be able to get away for a bit soon.

I agree. :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Nancy said:
I was just wondering if there is any connection between tapering off the meds and the need to SI

baseballcap said:
the si may have been a result of you tapering your meds more than your docs want you to

I think this is very possible. Please see my reply to your other post where I warned about a relapse by going off your meds too early.

ThatLady

Agreed. Tapering meds without a doctor's help is (while better than just quitting cold turkey) a risk. If the doctors feel you should be on these medications longer, their expertise on the subject gives them a more clear look at what you're going through and what is needed to treat it. Second-guessing a doctor is never a good idea. You might seek another opinion, but to take matters into your own hands is courting disaster, in my opinion.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.