More threads by David Baxter PhD

Halo

Re: Can't log in?

Is Crapcleaner something that one should download on their computer and use daily or weekly? I have never heard of it before?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

It's just an extra thorough temp file cleaner, Nancy. I run it several times a week.

Fog, the recommednation to close all open windows is a common one with program installers but frankly I never bother doing that. :)

foghlaim

wow that was fast!
i guess i will findout if it made any diff after i turn p.c off later and back on tomorow..

:)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

i have to ask, i was told never to delete the index dat file, as it might affect other things, is it ok to get rid of it, I tryed deleting it once and it wouldnt let me do so.

I think Ccleaner will warn you that it will need to delete the index.dat file on your next reboot, but I think it will do it.

I don't think generally this is something you need to do unless you think your cache may be corrupted.

foghlaim

having problems with trying to get to this site using "forum.psychlinks.ca.. "
leaving out the quotes of course.. all that comes up now is Vdeck, something about the server hosting the site. & it says "come back tomoro to see if your site is here". I have to use the newsletter link to get here.
Any idea why this is happening?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I didn't receive my email verification notice

One cause for this issue is that you entered an invalid email address, possibly a typo such as user@hotmial.com. If you think this may be the problem, use the Contact Us form to send me a message with your registered member name and the correct email address.

A second cause is that your ISP and/or anti-spam system may be filtering out the message (this is common with certain ISPs like AOL). If so, add the following addresses to your address book and/or whitelist:

forum[at]psychlinks.ca
admin[at]psychlinks.ca

replacing [at] with @.

Once you have done that, request the forum software to re-send the activation/verification email by clicking this link.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.