More threads by Enigma

Enigma

Please can someone from England or the UK tell me what the procedures are for teenagers under the age of 18 getting help for depression.? Will I be able to get free treatment?? By that, I don't mean medication; I don't want medication.? I either want to see on a psychologist or therapist.? I'm ruling out counsellors and psychiatrists, from what I've heard from other people of my age, I don't want to have to go through the same thing.? Do I have to see the doctor first to be referred, or is there another route I can take?

Thanks,
Enigma

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I was trying to locate a post some months ago by ^^phoenix^^ which I think gave some details but no luck so far.

I would suggest that your best bet would be to ask your family doctor how to go about this.

Enigma

Thank you janetr and David Baxter. I'm so stupid, it's even in my own thread!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
No, you're not stupid. I was searching for it and I couldn't find it either. Somehow, Janet managed to get the job done with a fussy baby on her lap :)

Similar threads

It makes sense. Having two people go through this just got me thinking how they would do this with people who have involuntary movements and people with other movement disorders. :)
Replies
Views
I definitely share your fear of dentists and doctors, so I understand what you're going through and you aren't alone. I worry for days before an appointment, and spend the entire time sitting on the chair trying to pretend I'm anywhere but there. It's really terrifying! The one thing that helped me cope was what my mom told me: that I should be grateful that I live in country where I have access to affordable dental care. There are many places in the world where people just let their...
Replies
Views
Guided Imagery: It's use in Heart Surgery and other Procedures What is guided imagery? Guided imagery is a proven form of focused relaxation that helps create harmony between the mind and body. Guided imagery coaches you in creating calm, peaceful images in your mind – a "mental escape." Guided imagery provides a powerful psychological strategy that enhances a person’s coping skills. Many people dealing with stress feel loss of control, fear, panic, anxiety, helplessness and uncertainty...
Replies
Views
Thats great news SG , glad it all worked out for you:)
Replies
Views
Obtaining Reliable Medical Information Online: A Study Focusing on Francophone Africa One year approved project and financed by the Geneva International Academic Network 2006/2007 (GIAN http://www.ruig-gian.org/). Summary Access to good quality health information is a key component of any health system. With the emergence of information and communication technologies, new tools have become available to facilitate the compilation, publication and access to such data. However, these new...
Replies
Views