More threads by Cat Dancer

I know I do really sin, A LOT. I mess up a lot for real. I also think there are thoughts I have that are like OCD sin, not real sin. How do I tell the difference and how do I deal with the real sin versus the OCD sin.

I have to pay for the real sin somehow.

Ok. It's just frustrating. The better I try to be the worse I am. The more good I try to do the worse stuff I do. I will try to go the OCD route first though.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Definitely needs to be viewed and tackled as OCD. Great work, CD! For getting to this point where you are making this connection and asking the right questions! :)

As a side note also though - not sure if your beliefs are Christian, but if so, doesn't the sacrifice of Jesus' earthly life pay for your sin?

That's why you don't have to do it - because you can't, and don't need to. Only the perfect life of Jesus is supposed to equal the 'value' of the perfect life given up by Adam (resulting in human imperfection/problems/sin).

That's why Jesus redeems it for you,not you.....?

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Banned

Banned
I'm a not very good Christian but there was a time when when I was a super devout Catholic and spent a lot of time stressing about sin and heaven and hell and everything else. I eventually had to stop going to church and everything else because it was destroying me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I realized that the God that the Catholic Church had taught me to believe in was not a God I could reconcile myself to because a God who supposedly loved me that much would not set me up to fail. And God doesn't.

Without turning this into something overly religious, remember what Jo has said is true and that there is nothing you can do about your sin except try harder next time not to do it. And only the big ones. I'm pretty sure God isn't up on His big fluffy cloud counting my swear words or how many times I went over the speed limit. He cares about the big stuff like don't off your neighbour or steal his ass (I swear that's in the bible). And even those are ultimately forgiveable. He just wants you to do the best you can according to YOUR abilities and He'll look after the rest. Part of religion is trust and trusting in His goodness and love.

I'm a highly skilled sinner with almost 39 years of experience and I just don't worry about it anymore. When I die I really want to go to heaven and I really believe I will. God isn't petty or out to get anyone. Including you.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.