More threads by Retired

Retired

Risperidone ( Risperdal ) is an antipsychotic drug used in the treatment of disorganized or psychotic thinking. Risperidone ( Risperdal ) is used to treat aggression, false perceptions, Tourette's syndrome,or behavioral problems in persons with mental retardation.

Read about the medication by clicking HERE

The Canadian product monograph is available as a pdf file from Ortho Janssen HERE

Similar threads

Nope and I'm not on risperdal consta anymore. Maybe bring the rash up with the doc as well. Just to be on the safe side. Though it sounds she's more manic than anything else.... Bad day. Jo feels nauseaus and has missed kirk as a result :( Jo
Replies
Views
Medication Spotlight: Risperdal (Risperidone) by Candida Fink MD November 25, 2008 Like Zyprexa and the other atypical antipsychotics, Risperdal was developed primarily to treat schizophrenia and psychosis but is approved to treat acute bipolar mania and mixed episodes (mania and depression). Risperdal can improve symptoms of schizophrenia and psychotic breaks that may occur in bipolar, including the following: Hallucinations (audio and visual) Delusions Disorganized thinking...
Replies
Views
Augmentation With Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Has Superior Efficacy to Augmentation With Risperidone for Treating Adults With Treatment-Resistant OCD Medscape Medical News Evid Based Ment Health. 2014;17(2):58-59. July 1, 2014 Excerpt: Complete :acrobat: article attached
Replies
Views
I am calling my doctor's office right now and asking them that question.
Replies
Views
You're right, your doctor is the person who can advise you on modifying your medications for your particular circumstances. The end of September is not far away, only four weeks!
Replies
Views