More threads by GaryQ

GaryQ

MVP
Starting at 65$ for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (add 10$ to each plan elsewhere)

Plan 1 - 65$/75$ - 10 GB full speed then up and down speeds capped at 256kb. (That is slow but no overage charges)

Plan 2 - 85$/95$ - 20 GB (same throttling as above after)

Plan 3 - 115$/125$ - 50 GB (same throttling as above after)

Source: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/rogers-infinite/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Competitor responses:
Telus will offer something with more data but still capped and high overage charges
Bell has not responded yet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GaryQ

MVP
Rogers offer still leads. Motsly because of the extended timeframe and the 35$ you can save on setup fees.
Calling for help or advice does not seem like an option. their lines are everloaded eince the announcement!

Rogers offer epires July 31st
: Setup fee of $35 waived if completely done via self serve online.

Bell offer expires June 30th : $35 setup fee regardless of processing method

Telus offer expires Juy 2nd : Not clearlt stated but $35 setup fee applicable in all situations (Not 100% sure though)

Questions remain as to which provider has the best/worst reputation for:
  • Customer service.
  • Magical "accidental" fees you have to call and fight when they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Personally since bell bought MTS I had to waste my time twice to get a 5$ +Tax data surcharge fee credited that was added to my invoice when I had used less than 50% if my alloted data plan. That's not something I like dealing with on a regualr basis. When I made it clear to the CSR that if I had to call in again to have this corrected I'd also be calling to cancel my services. Last month the charge was there again and an immediate (after invoice) credit was automatically applied.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I am NOT a fan of Bell. Their service is pathetic and the only time they ever offer to moderate their pricing is after you leave them for another provider.

GaryQ

MVP
Rogers and Telus and Bell.
Its like voting for politicians... One screws You one way the other another way.

Ma Bell... been the same old trouble since the phone began.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.