More threads by suewatters1

Today I saw my Psychiatrist and it went well. Boy do I enjoy our sessions. Yesterday afternoon I emailed him what I was feeling at the time and wrote that I needed some other medication for my depression to go with what I have now. I even called and told him I left him a email for him to check.

The email I sent was about the way I feeling the last 2 + weeks. Everyday I wanted to end my life and everyday I fought the urges to kill myself.

Well today my DR gave me 2 weeks of samples of Pristiq Extended Release Tablets. He gave me 50 mg tablets. I go back to see him in 2 weeks and if I have any problems with the medication to let him know.

He is also willing to write the report or note stating what my limitations will be when I go back to work. He needs The Jobs Demand Analysis to get a better Idea of what I do at work which will help him write the note.

Sue

Halo

Re: Saw my DR Today

Sue,

I am glad that you were honest with your doctor about how you have been feeling and that he decided to add in another medication. A good thread with lots of great information is this one here. It talks a lot about Pristiq.

Good luck with the new med and I hope that it helps.

Take care

Jazzey

Account Closed

I'm happy that it went well Sue. And as Halo has already said, I'm really happy that you were honest with him about where you were in your thoughts.

Take good care of yourself. :hug:

Thanks Jazzey
I am usually 99% of time truthful with my DRs as I want to get better and the only way to do that is to tell the truth
I ended the letter by saying "Please DR help me"
So I am glad that I can start a new medication tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Sue

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.