More threads by handybendy

Hello everyone, glad to be here!

It's taken me forty years to get from an anxious child to an anxious adult, but I'm here nonetheless. I've been through the mill since an early enough age to know myself fairly well now and know about a good deal of the pitfalls that I seem to keep allowing myself to fall into.

I'm here to find a place to talk about the things that I can't always share with friends and family and to talk with those about tricks that might help me through the last part of my journey to the point where I finally "walk down a different street" without looking back.

In return, I hope I'll be able to share some of the sympathy and empathy that I have for all of those that are just embarking on their journeys through the hell that can be a mental illness, or just a few bad days, to the other side where there really is something worth working for.

I've had the medication, been to the psychologists, changed my thinking in many, many ways and now am probably as happy as I've ever been in my life, but still there are things that hit me like a sledgehammer and stop me dead in my tracks, unable to move forward for a while. It's those times that I want to get past now and I'm hoping these forums might make a difference.

So, to everyone here, I hope I can help those that need it and I hope I'll start that last part of my own journey from here.

Thanks and speak soon ...

Handy

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.