More threads by ssbann

Sparrow

Hello again ssbn,

It was good to hear you thinking about previous thoughts of replies.

Here's one.

Perhaps your boyfriend is just... fine?

Don't rule it out ;)

I probabily drool like rabies some days.

Mmm.. How to phrase ... :tapfingers:

We all pass gas some days?

:budgie:

ssbann

Daniel--

I would say the amount of blood was more closely related to the fact that he was wretching and gagging.

Blood in vomit (hematemesis)
Bright red streaks of blood in the vomit can be caused by irritation of the mouth or nose from vomiting. This is not serious if there is only a small streak of blood that you are quite sure came from your mouth or nose.

(Quoted directly from the RevolutionHealth website -- I'm not allowed to post links yet :) )

ssbann added 2 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Hello again ssbn,

Perhaps your boyfriend is just... fine?

Don't rule it out ;)

I haven't at all. :D Its what I'm hoping for, but the whole experience was so unnerving and out of character, I really just want to be safe. :)

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
ssbann said:
I would say the amount of blood was more closely related to the fact that he was wretching and gagging.

Blood in vomit (hematemesis)
Bright red streaks of blood in the vomit can be caused by irritation of the mouth or nose from vomiting. This is not serious if there is only a small streak of blood that you are quite sure came from your mouth or nose.
That does make more sense, at least if he is not a chronic drinker of alcohol since occasional drinking -- just like taking an occasional aspirin -- is not likely to cause one to spit up blood. But that's just from what I have read.

Of course, I think he should be seeing a doctor, anyway. I would want my primary physician to rule out ulcers, etc. in addition to providing treatment or referrals for treatment of the anxiety, etc.

Halo

Of course, I think he should be seeing a doctor, anyway. I would want my primary physician to rule out ulcers, etc. in addition to providing treatment or referrals for treatment of the anxiety, etc.

:agree: It probably is a good idea. Do you think that he would be up to that?

Sparrow

:agree: Was there a long time ago. Not talking about biting my tongue either.
Ulcers and coughing blood I did but in hindsight, painkillers and alcohol are not a good mix to begin with.

:budgie:

ssbann

:agree: It probably is a good idea. Do you think that he would be up to that?

To be honest, I don't think so.

I was hoping to find out that this was a specific kind of reaction that is documented or something so that I could have a good argument for him to go see someone--or at least try to talk about the things that bother him with me more often and more openly.

Even if he openly admitted that he would seek some help, I highly highly doubt be could afford it. Both of us are up to our ears in student loans and the extra money just isn't there.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
There are usually student services in the colleges or universities that offer Health including Mental Health support free to their students.

Just an idea to maybe check into.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.