More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
http://www.selfinjury.com/

1-800-DONTCUT

THERAPIST REFERRALS

The following clinicians are familiar with the S.A.F.E. Alternatives treatment philosophy and have expressed an interest in working with clients who engage in self-injurious behaviors. In general, we do not have personal knowledge of each therapist, so your feedback would be most welcome:

UNITED STATES

California Colorado Connecticut DC Illinois Indiana Iowa Kentucky Michigan
Maryland Missouri Nabraska New Jersy New York North Carolinia
Pennsylvania South Dakota Tennessee Texas Virginia West Virginia Wisconsin

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Self-Abuse Hotline

SAFE (Self-Abuse Finally Ends)

Provides recorded information on dealing with self-abuse and self-mutilation and treatment options.

CALL: 1-800-366-8288

greenstarz

I went to the SAFE inpatient program when it was in Illinois when I was 22 for a month, and then when I was 23 for a month. It was a good program...very intense. During my first time there, I learned to feel emotions again which is something I really hadn't done for my whole life. The second time, I worked more on techniques to stop the SI. It was very helpful at the time. However, I still SI, but DEFINETLY not like I did before SAFE. I just thought I'd put this out there to anyone who had any questions about SAFE in the US. I know they moved the program to TX and then to another state since I have been there. I don't know where it is now.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.