More threads by forgetmenot

Self talk something i do continuously to keep me stable. Lately i just been telling me to quit being so weak so sad. Its works for awhile i get up and do things distract myself helping others. I went out and bought baby clothes but the sadness comes back about what i haven't a clue. There is no reason for this i am fine yet the fatigue the sadness stays.
Self talking is not working so great lately Work keeping my mind busy is the only way staying still is not good.
I don't know why this self hate keeps attacking i am fine i am okay just keep saying this tomorrow i will be stronger. right

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Re: self talk

:hug:

It's good that you're trying to use positive self-talk to help you feel better. Just a thought: by telling yourself to stop being weak you are actually making an assumption that you are being weak in the first place. Maybe an alternative might be to remind yourself about ways in which you are strong?

Take care.

Re: self talk

Thanks Meg i will try to think more on the positive side my strong side. "you are making the assumption you are being weak" It is hard for someone who has always kept control to suddenly not have it. Tears sadness were never shown i have always managed to keep myself strong always. I guess im tired thats all I don't work for a few days hopefully i can rest a bit lack of sleep will make one weak too. Back to positive thoughts thanks.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.