More threads by J PTSD

J PTSD

Any thoughts?

I feel my mood is better.

Are there any others that find seroquel xr, helpful. Searching the internet, there seems to be a negative view. :search:

I realize we are all unique and react different to different meds.

Andy

MVP
Re: Seroquel xr

Personally I think Seroquel is great.

It has a couple popular (common) side effects of being tired/hung over and also weight gain but everyone is different. Personally I get hung over but do not gain weight. As you said we do all react different to different medications.

If you feel your mood is better then I say stop looking on line and just go with it.
Personally the only time I think it's beneficial to look up your medications (in depth, like other peoples views) is if you know something isn't right and you have a doctor that isn't hearing you. Reading about all the negative views will only have you waiting for whatever you have read to happen and you will be second guessing how it is making you feel etc. Of course it is good to know the basic side effects etc.
Other people's opinions about a certain medication could be coming from anywhere, maybe anger for having to be on medication, or anger because things haven't worked etc.

Go with what works for YOU. If it seems to be going well so far then that is great. If things don't seem well talk to your doctor.

Oh another point, lol more people go on line to bitch about things compared to going on to say "Gee this is great!". You would more likely call and complain about something then call to say something was as expected for example.

Sorry, I babble. lol

Retired

Jane,

Searching the internet, there seems to be a negative view

If you search the internet for information on just about any medication, you will find scores of sites, articles and blogs defaming that medication. Sadly, because the internet is largely uncontolled, it becomes a soapbox for just about any self serving derogatory commentary on almost every topic...much of it being unfounded or at least medically and scientifically unfounded.

No medication is 100% side effect free, and complications can occur, usually when the patient fails to comply with the physician's instructions. There have been isolated cases where a medication has been discovered to produce unexpected complications, but these have been rare and the product is usually withdrawn from the market.

Your doctor has made a rational choice in choosing Seroquel for you based on your diagnosis and medical history. Your most valuable strategy is to maintain a line of communication with your doctor to report any unexpected side effects as well as keeping your doctor informed of how the medication might be relieving your symptoms.

By being a partner with your doctor in your healthcare, along with informing yourself using bonafide credible resources you become an empowered patient, thereby giving yourself every advantage for improvement while protecting yourself from unwanted adverse effects.

I'd like to suggest the following posts that can provide further insights into your important question:

http://forum.psychlinks.ca/health-i...-how-to-assess-health-information-online.html

http://forum.psychlinks.ca/health-i...uate-health-information-online.html#post71697

I wouldn't look on the internet for stuff like that. People tend more to post things they have a negative reaction to rather than a positive reaction. There are probably many more people who have done ok with it. They just haven't posted about it.

J PTSD

Personally I think Seroquel is great.

It has a couple popular (common) side effects of being tired/hung over and also weight gain but everyone is different.

That's ok, that's my norm,anyway. LOL :D

Andy

MVP

Is that the comedy duo from the 70s? Like Rowan and Martin or The Smothers Brothers?

Or did you mean the soul band, Svelte and Peppa?

Yeah, that's right! They were around at the same time. They did well but people preferred the comedy stylings of Sleepy and Buff...maybe they went on to be Svelte and Peppa? I never thought to connect the two...

Svelte and Peppa lol

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.