More threads by Thelostchild

I have become so self-conscious about the way I look.? I know that the weight that I put on was healthy but It really doesn't feel normal to me. Now i find myself covering myself up with sweaters or bigger shirts. But it kind of sucks because I like my tattoos.? And waring a bathing suit is just awful on me i look so horrible. I just can't get used to this new body of mine.

Eunoia

you may have mentioned this in one of your other posts, but did you ever get a chance to discuss body image/ eating more w/ your therapist??

Yes My couselor and I talk about this all the time. But i don't feel like im getting anyware. although it may take some time.

Eunoia

it may take some time
yes, you are completely right, it does. and it also takes a lot of hard work. a good way of conceptualizing recovery or overcoming issues w/ food is that if you think about it, it took time to get to this point, so it only makes sense in order to get better it will also take some time. it doesn't happen overnight. but I do think that you should be very open w/ your therapist about this and your expectations and feelings about "not getting anywhere"- s/he may be able to validate some of your concerns or put into perspective how far you've come, what's left to work on etc... only then can you actually change things if you really aren't getting anywhere...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.