More threads by lilslugger

Hey. Feel like self harming tonight. Done it a lot this month. I'm using the elastic band technique tonight to try and not self harm. Its just that I'm useless, short and ugly. I also have OCD, BDD and depression. My OCD drives me nuts and gives me no rest. If i go tonight without self harm I'll buy myself a video game. Sorry to whine.

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: sorry to whine

I don't think your any of what you say. I know you may 'feel' this is true but it isn't. Instead of SI - how about trying out some of the exercises in the resource and positive psychology section.

Or just stay on the site and simply read to pass the minutes. Feelings in and off themselves can't hurt you. Instead of acting on those feelings see if you do something healthier for yourself.

The video game is a great thing to look forward too. :)

Hi Lilslugger ,
Why don't you have a look at the link below, is there any one you can go and see right now so that you can focus on something else ?
the feeling will pass and it would be a pity not to have that video game .
I'm glad you posted , and no you are not whineing. , you did well to post about
how you are feeling right now .hang in there .

http://forum.psychlinks.ca/self-injury/515-self-help-ideas-for-people-who-self-injure.html

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

Hi LilSlugger. I understand the urges can be very difficult to manage.

Are you currently on any medication? As well as the techniques listed above, I found medication to help with the OCD raceing thoughts and the SI urges.

Halo

Hi Lilslugger :) I am sorry that you are struggling with feelings of SI but you never have to feel sorry for expressing yourself here or for reaching out for help.

There are a few resources available here on the forum that may help and as Ladylore suggested just staying on here and reading, gaining support and knowing that you are amongst people that understand may also help.

By the way....what video game do you plan to buy yourself? I think rewarding yourself is a great idea.

Take care and keep reaching out for support
:hug:

Hi Lilslugger why not go shopping get out and look for a new video game get you mind busy. Changing your environment and being around people even in the mall will help decrease those urges. Just know there is lots of support here and definitely lots of information on how not to self harm. Let us know how you do okay Take care Mary

i did'nt self harm. Im kind of proud of myself because i almost always self harm when i feel like that. Thanks for the replys. My ocd drives me nuts but i know time usually heals all my racing thoughts so I've decided to wait it out and keep myself busy. I think i'll buy myself the new ufc video games when it comes out as a reward. Im on citalopram and olanzapine.

:clap: Well done lilslugger , that is great news. I am proud of you too:bounce:

Post here whenever you need to, there is always someone on line to support you.

very best wishes wp :)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
That is great LilSlugger. You sure should go buy yourself a new video game as a reward. It is important that you realize you did good by now SI'ing.

:congrats:

Halo

Congrats on making it through the night without SI'ing.....now go and enjoy that new video :D

You did good :2thumbs:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.