More threads by braveheart

braveheart

I'm dissociated.

I don't know what to do.

I've got this weird fizzy feeling at the top of my head and I'm not feeling anything emotionally. Except scared and frustrated.

I've tried curling up under a blanket, holding my palm over the top of my head, moving around, throwing a cushion, and even thumping my head on the cushion. Nothing relieves it. I want to thump my head against the wall. But I won't.

My friend phoned and I've just been talking to her, but still this feeling persists.

I don't want to hurt myself to breakthrough.

I lost myself in today's therapy session, because of anxieties about the Christmas break, and the whole thing following on from Occupational Health. I did 'come back' a bit, but because I feel vulnerable I guess this is why my body is trying to protect me from that.

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: spaced out

I'm dissociated.

I don't know what to do.

I've got this weird fizzy feeling at the top of my head and I'm not feeling anything emotionally. Except scared and frustrated.

I've tried curling up under a blanket, holding my palm over the top of my head, moving around, throwing a cushion, and even thumping my head on the cushion. Nothing relieves it. I want to thump my head against the wall. But I won't.

My friend phoned and I've just been talking to her, but still this feeling persists.

I don't want to hurt myself to breakthrough.

I lost myself in today's therapy session, because of anxieties about the Christmas break, and the whole thing following on from Occupational Health. I did 'come back' a bit, but because I feel vulnerable I guess this is why my body is trying to protect me from that.

You may want to give a try to the grounding exercise I posted Braveheart.

Name 5 things that you see, now name 5 things that you hear, now name 4 things ( sensations) that you feel.

Name 4 things that you see, name 4 things that you hear, name 4 things that you feel.

Name 3 things that you see, name 3 things that you hear, name 3 things that you feel.

Name 2 thngs that you see, name 2 things that you hear, name 2 things that you feel.

Name 1 thing that you see, name 1 thing that you hear, name 1 thing that you feel.

Repeat the process if necessary. Hope it helps.

LL :friends::hug:

braveheart

Thanks.
Thing is it takes me more into my mind and I need to be in my body... also it's very quiet here and I can only hear my computer fan!
I try to do the exercise but I just start to panic.

ladylore

Account Closed

I definitely don't want you to panic. So if it doesn't work for you thats ok.

At one time in my life I kept a list of what worked to get me back into my body so it was easily accessible to refer to. The list changed over the years.

Whatever works for you is the best thing to use. :)

ladylore

Account Closed

No need to be sorry - the fact that you are here is great. All you need to do is breath and be. Thats it.

Stay gentle with yourself.:yes:

braveheart

I'm supporting someone online on another site right now. Oh the irony. Focusing is helping a bit, but there's this fizzy feeling in my head that just won't go. I keep shaking my head hoping it will disperse, but it won't.
If I try focusing on my breathing I feel tearful.

if trying to think your way out doesn't work, what about doing stuff where you'll be more aware of your body? you could take a warm shower, then maybe make the water colder? would exercise be of any help? i am trying to think of things where you will feel your body better. for example doing push-ups gets hard really fast and your arms would feel heavy. or you could dance and shake first one foot, then the other, then your hands, and focus on each as you switch between them.

ladylore

Account Closed
or you could dance and shake first one foot, then the other, then your hands, and focus on each as you switch between them.

As in: :whistle: :dance:put your right foot in, take your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake all about. Doing the hokey pokey and turn yourself around - thats what its all about. :whistle::dance:

Great idea LB! I forgot how grounding dancing can be.

:D

ladylore

Account Closed
Why Thank You Daniel and Halo. :dimples:

Did ya know I was an artist at heart. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

braveheart

Thanks.
I'm doing a lot better now and am recovering.
I discovered in therapy yesterday that massaging my head actually helps. .. why I didn't think of that before... because I was dissociated, right...???!!!

Halo

Well at least now that you have shared that information with us at least we will know when and if you post about it the next time we will be able to offer that as a suggestion.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.