More threads by olbindu

olbindu

I start college (for culinary arts, I plan to be a chef) and I am stressed out to the max. I had just gotten over depression but now I'm almost in a worse position. I absolutly cannot fail at school and work, but it will require more effort than I've ever put in anything, and I'm already cracking. I probly bit off more than I can chew, but I really have no way to get rid of stress, no friends or anything, I hope someone can provide some help, and breathing doesn't work, I've tried. this sucks.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
starting college and in trouble

...but I really have no way to get rid of stress, no friends or anything, I hope someone can provide some help, and breathing doesn't work, I've tried.

What about exercise? (One of my favorite documentaries on TV was about the Mars Rover where the lead scientist for NASA exercised on a treadmill regularly to help lower his stress level. The guy was very worried that the multi-billion project was going to fail before even getting to Mars.)

Five Essential Habits for Stress Control

olbindu

its hard to make it a habit, but I do need to get back into it, I'll fit it in somewhere thanks, i was trying to think of something fun though too, I'm a fantasic fun hater and need to loosen up especially for my choice in carreers.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

...i was trying to think of something fun though too...

I would think that any new or old hobby you like would be helpful. For socializing, you may find activities and clubs at college, though probably not as much if it's a small culinary arts college. Otherwise, if you don't meet people in class or college activities, you may want to try a free, popular social networking site like meetup.com.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.