More threads by Cat Dancer

I want to lie in the bathtub with no water on and just feel the cold of the tub against my skin. I want to go outside in the cold and sit and let the cold fill me up. I want to put my hands in ice water and make the anxiety go away. I took .5mg of klonopin about two hours ago and it helped for a bit. There are other weird thoughts about how to make the anxiety go away.

I was just wondering if anyone has thoughts about being cold and that taking away the anxiety. I don't really like being cold, but I wonder if it would just shock my body out of it.

GDPR

GDPR
Sometimes I go outside in the cold when I'm really anxious.It helps.But I don't think the coldness is actually what helps the anxiety,I think maybe just 'thinking' that it helps is what does.

I can sometimes get myself to believe that most anything will help,even odd things,like eating a certain food,doing a certain ritual,whatever.

It wouldn't hurt to put your hands in ice water and see if it helps....

i go into the cold the winter storms just to feel alive again that is what i use cold for to wake me up to give me feelings again

eva

MVP
I'm the opposite of you guys. :( I can't get comfortable if I'm cold, it makes my mood worse. The closest I get is drinking cold water to calm down but I prefer heat for calming.

Andy

MVP
Like eva, I am the opposite. A nice hot shower/bath or even a workout to get me sweating usually helps me. Although it is temporary, it does help even if it's for a bit to just calm my thoughts and stop some of the physical symptoms of the anxiety. Of course there is always deep breathing too which takes a while to get use to but I do find it helps in certain situations.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.