More threads by forgetmenot

Why does it still feel like yesterday when it has been years dam why does it feel like it just happened

I can't believe when Therapist said it had been 6 yrs now OMG no no way it feels just like yesterday

Move on take something of my bros and celebrate who he was

He was the gentlest soul god he was but all they saw was his illness

Monday will be 6 years since that day my bro left he just could not handle the pain anymore so much sadness in his soul

So now i have to let this go somehow

i have to let this go i am stuck here i am stuck in like a time zone because to me you just left

the pain is just as intense the sadness the disbelief

sorry bro i am so sorry you had to leave and you were so alone in all your suffering Rest in peace now ok

You will always be with me bro because like you i too am a sensitive soul we are much alike we are

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
It is beautiful what you have written here about him Forgetmenot.

Can really see the love for him. He really must have on some level/at some times known this and seen it too from you, that he was loved and compassion was felt for him and more was seen of him than just the illness. Or now can see it, or will see it again sometime, depending on various beliefs people may have....

Hugs to you.....

iknew him as a child then everything went wrong he was an excellent father omg he took care of his children when his wife did not he made sure they all had food to eat their clothes they wore were clean i knew that much of him we did have a connection we lost it when i left i left them all behind i did not reach out to him i did not reach out to him he was forgotten until it was too late

I know i could not take care of everyone but i did not even attempt to reach out to him he is at peace now though no one can harm him anymore

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
In some ways it does. It gets easier to remember happy times. But no the loss remains a loss and that part never gets easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember happier times i guess because there wasn't many happy memories i do remember only bits and pieces of the past and they seemed to be sad
i am stuck with those memories I guess and the fact there was no help no one cared

I am glad you are able to remember more happier times now I really don't know how one carries on when they lose a child hugs to you

PrincessX

Account Closed
Death of a loved one is the biggest pain in life. I do not know what to say. So sorry for you guys.

---------- Post Merged at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I have also experienced it. But death of a parent is somehow more logical than death of a child or sibling. I often think that there is no justification for such events, no logic, excuse of whatever. It just seems irrational and agains all laws of life. I do not believe in God or higher mind for this reason, although I am not trying to re-inforce any religious believes here. We, as humans are left with the grief and the task to find ways to accept unacceptable events. It seems to me that we are expected to be stronger than any laws of nature.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
I really don't know how people cope with certain kinds of loss either. Even 'natural' loss when people get old, is still so so hard.

I guess reaching out and connecting is just what people do. The grief feelings being cared for and heard, is good.

Thinking of you both.... and everyone who's felt losses...

Mari

MVP
It is sometimes unbearable and every year I count down the days going through every detail. I do not want to do it and at the same time I cannot help but do it. For me there is no conflict with my beliefs and the seeming random irrationality of life and death because we have been given guidance but not absolute control by any higher being.

Dear David, I have read your story about your daughter and it is so very sad and yet at the same time it is an incredibly beautiful story of love. Wishing you well.

Forgetmenot, the happy times were there, you just need to find them and remember. It is so difficult sometimes to wish/think that we could have or should have done more and yet we did the best we could.

It is almost nine years since my son died but right now in this moment it feels as close and as tragic as if it just happened. I know this moment will pass and at some point I will remember what a wonderful person he was and I will smile for the happiness and the joy. Sometimes there are no words that can ease the pain. The best people in my life simply give me a hug. Thank-you, for just being able to share this has stopped my tears. Hugs to everyone who is hurting from the loss of a loved one.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.