More threads by Ashley-Kate

hello ,
Well i know statistically speaking people will never say that an eating disorder is a suicide attempt but why not cause after 8 years with this disorder i can only think of that reaosn for me to keep on holding on for the moment that this disease will finally take my life and for me to feel i accomplished somehting on this planet i was able to accomplish being anorexic sounds stupid but is it not possible !!!???
ashley

Retired

Ashley-Kate,

I confess I really don't know very much about anorexia and eating disorders, so after reading your post, I found this information resource, published by the National Institutes of Mental Health.

According to what I read, anorexia does not appear to be motivated by a wish to die.

Have you ever sought treatment for your disorder?

i have been hospitalised 6 times in the past 4 years for this disorder and i spoke to my dr about the possibility of just losing hoppe and wanting to end the suffering and maybe using the e-d to do so .. he told me that the discouragment after many years of living with the disorder grows with the time spent in it and that it is just the loss of hope to get well that makes me feel so depressed and also the fact that i am not eating correctly but i feel that suicide has always fallowed me through this disorder as if i knew no matter what if i didn't feel better one day well at least the alternative was ending the pain one way or another.
a-k

Similar threads

Suicide risk substantial with anorexia Tuesday, May 6, 2008 By Joene Hendry NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Suicide attempts are "not uncommon" among people with anorexia nervosa, and the risk appears to be significantly higher among those who purge rather than just restrict the amount they eat, Dr. Cynthia M. Bulik and colleagues report. Suicidal ideas and behaviors by anyone with anorexia nervosa "should not be overlooked as something that will just pass," Bulik said. Suicidal gestures...
Replies
Views
Nationwide 3-digit suicide prevention hotline launching next year, CRTC says by Darren Major, CBC News August 31, 2022 A volunteer takes a call at the Crisis Centre B.C. office in Vancouver on Oct. 21, 2020. Demand for mental health services in Canada has grown since the start of the pandemic. (Ben Nelms/CBC) A long-anticipated three-digit suicide prevention and mental health crisis hotline will come online in 2023, Canada's telecommunications regulator said Wednesday. The Canadian...
Replies
Views
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2774853 January 12, 2021 The highest rates of suicide attempt were found for people with ASD who were unemployed; however, the difference with the group without ASD was highest for those who were employed, with employment having a lesser protective association for those with ASD. Some authors have suggested a mitigating association of employment for those with ASD. We can only speculate whether this finding might be partly...
Replies
Views
Empowering Clients to Thrive Despite Their Desire for Death - A Workshop on ACT for Suicide Prevention :acrobat: We are taught that we should get rid of things that are bad and unwanted. We are good at this when it has to do with external things (spoiled milk, used tissues, etc.). Then we are told that we should be able to similarly get rid of emotions and thoughts that are viewed as “bad” or unwanted. This isn’t as easy and when the emotions are very intense it can be downright...
Replies
Views