More threads by Jazzey

No that's ok. I'm here to help others and myself. Both reading and doing the writing exercises helps. It understands what you've gone through and somedays that's just what you need, and the writing exercises helps address your feelings. It helps me get them out so I can move onto the next set of emotions I feel.

Jazzey

Account Closed
I am so thankful this website is here. I'm grateful for everyone who puts in their 2 cents. Even if you don't say the right things at the right time, you're here and thats what counts! I wouldn't be reaching out if this website didn't exsist. I know this is the place I can come and not be ridiculed for the things I've done, or get laughed at because of the things I'm feeling and experiencing.

Just a little moment of gratituity:)

Hi LF,

this site has really helped me garner strength too. You posed the question of how you go on...Here's what I've come up with recently: You go on by appreciating that all of those things were "done to you", by appreciating that by having been victims in the past, our brains are already programed for that kind of behaviour which we accept,despite our intellect, despite the fact that we recognize that it's just plain wrong. It's just part of our past - that's it. So know, we move on with that particular knowledge and, we try our darndest to modify those 'tracks' so that we are never in a position of victimization again. It isn't easy. But, the mere fact that you're here, seeking insight on all of this, is a tremendous indication that you're ready to change those tracks....I hope that this post makes sense. You've already shown tremendous resilience in the way you've expressed yourself here- that, right there, in my mind's eye, is half the battle: you're now ready to change those thought patterns that invite the re-victimization from others.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.