More threads by Bumblebean

Bumblebean

Is talking to a young child (starting at preschool age) about "the facts of life" often and in graphic detail a form of sexual abuse? What kind of effect can this have on the child's sexuality as they grow older?

Thanks
BB

Preschool age would not even comprehend what is being said it would leave perhaps the child confused and traumatized yes if a clear picture of what is happening
To answer your question yes i do think it is a form of abuse a child should not need to know these things at that age.

Bumblebean

I think children who have been abused physically, emotionally, etc, can be hyper attuned (is that a word?) to adult state of mind. If an adult is talking in detail about something and is aroused, the child picks up on that. If the adult carries on talking in increasing detail for another 10+ years, by the time the child gets to "sex ed" in school, they know more than is being taught in the classroom.

I once heard a term for that kind of thing, but I can't remember it now.

Thanks
BB

---------- Post Merged at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I distract myself way too easily :) What I'm trying to find out is what kind of effect that type of constant over-exposure can have on the child as they grow older.

Thanks
BB

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.