More threads by Plex

moonriver

I wish that you could reconsider Plex, my brother had the same diagnosis but he got it when he was 14. He was ok for many years when he was on the medication and then he began to feel he was being mislead and the medical establishment was making him think that he was crazy and lieing to him. He stoped talking to our family, he thought we were trying to keep the truth from him and that it was all a conspiracy. I can assure you it wasn't, we were the people that loved and cared about him the most and he shut us out of his life. It got so we had nothing to do with him because that was what his illness told him to do until one day not very long ago, we got a call that he was in the river. (you can edit that out if it would upset others, I dont want that) That was the end of it and his illness took him away from us. I wish he would had have stayed on the medication and let us help him. I am not saying it will be this way for you, my brother had a long history of mental illness and was very sick from the time he was born with heart problems as well plus he had diabetis and epilepsy. But when he stoped listening to people that cared about him and were trying to help him, that was not a good thing.
Imagine how horrible it will be for those that care about you if you dont do what is recomended.

I don't think most people want to have to rely on medication to live a normal life, but the facts are that many, many people must take some type of medication to do just that. I am one of those people. I accept it. I take 5 different medications every single day. Do I like it? Not necessarily. Is it something I need? Absolutely. I don't function without them. It's just facts of my life. I NEED the medication. And there's NOTHING wrong with that, needing medication. It's perfectly ok.

I hope you reconsider the medication. It really can change your life for the better.

ladylore

Account Closed
I don't think most people want to have to rely on medication to live a normal life, but the facts are that many, many people must take some type of medication to do just that. I am one of those people. I accept it. I take 5 different medications every single day. Do I like it? Not necessarily. Is it something I need? Absolutely. I don't function without them. It's just facts of my life. I NEED the medication. And there's NOTHING wrong with that, needing medication. It's perfectly ok.

I hope you reconsider the medication. It really can change your life for the better.

Well said Janet. :goodjob: I agree.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.