More threads by Ashley-Kate

well as some of you may know i have been living away from mother for a while now and my older brother and his fiance have become my home away from home. last night ma and my sister in law ordered a pizza yeah pizza.

In the whole load of emotion that one pizza can bring i opened up to her about everything that is really going on in my life and she listened very attentivly and was very kind. She was surprised of how i really feel because i give out the impression that i am a strong happy person and very zen yet that is in fact an act. I spared her very few details of my current state of mind telling her that i feel very depressed like i am living i a world that is moving so fast yet i can't catch my breath.

Opening up to someone besides my shrink helped me a lot because i felt like ok someone knows what is going on so if anything does happen such as hospitalisation or whatever someone knows that i was not as happy as i let appear. I am feeling better today as if a load has been lifted off my shoulders although the stress of my day to day life i still present someone knows that i need a hand.

Halo

Re: talking and accepting help

Ashley,

That is absolutely awesome that you were able to open up like that to your mother. I do hope that she understands you better and that you are able to be honest with her about how you are feeling in the future.

Take care and great work :2thumbs:
:hug: :hug:

not my mother.. my sister in law.. my mom wel she will probably remain clueless in the whole me getting better because in her opinion i have ever been better

Halo

Sorry there Ashley but when you said "she" I assumed that it was your mother :eek:

Either way, it is still awesome that you confided in someone and felt relief...that is a great step forward :2thumbs:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.