More threads by AMT

AMT

haven't been here long but i already like the people here, thanks for all the help ive already received from you and er... hi.

my names Alex... im male, 14 and can't wait to move out of england... USA or canada here i come ^^

Retired

thanks

Hi Alex!

Have you travelled in either the U.S. or Canada and if you move to North America, what area appeals to you...it's a pretty big place with wide variation in climate, work availability and culture. Have you inquired about immiigration requirements?

AMT

thanks

lol i haven't got that far yet... im still only 14 and need to finish education before thinking of that stuff

Retired

thanks

Being fourteen is not too young to start thinking about one's future. What appeals to you about North America, and if you had a magic wand what would you like to see yourself doing there?

AMT

thanks

well if i had a wand i wouldnt have a job id just magic money and be reaking havoc in england!
lol hmm... i suppose id be somewhere in canada that wasn't too hot... maybe snowy although hot in summer cold in winter type would be ok... id probably be a plastic surgeon... or maybe a dentist... lots of money, not bad hours and good car... and regular skiing breaks!

Retired

thanks

AMT:

If it's money you're after, practicing medicine in Canada may not be the answer because medicine is socialized and right now the system is in desperate need of reorganization, increased facilities and lots of government funding.

OTOH dentistry is still privatized, so there's an opportunity for substantial income in that profession if your back can hold out!

Now plastic surgery in the U.S. well there's a money maker, and there are plenty of areas with warm summers and cold winters frequented by the jet set who would be clients for tummy tucks and face-lifts.

If it's good hours you want, consider Dermatology...patients never die, and never have emergrencies...you just keep them coming back and your office is from 9:00 to 5:00.

Much of the above was written with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek...and a chuckle{LOL}

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.