More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person
by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D.

The Beck Diet Solution is different from other diet books because it is a psychological program, not a food plan. With the step-by-step program in this book, you will learn specific techniques to stay on your diet, lose weight, and maintain your weight loss for life. The Beck Diet Solution is based on clinical research in Cognitive Therapy.

The BDS Program
Have you unsuccessfully dieted in the past? Or have you managed to lose weight only to gain it back? You probably haven?t been successful in the past because you just didn?t know how.

Each day of The Beck Diet Solution?s comprehensive six-week program presents a new task designed to build psychological skills that will enable you to:

• avoid cheating
  • cope with hunger and cravings
  • deal with stress and strong negative emotions without turning to food
  • motivate yourself to exercise
  • handle eating out, vacations, and special occasions
  • eliminate overeating, bingeing, and backsliding
You can learn how to do all of the things you need to do to diet successfully by changing the way you think.

Easy-to-use tools are found throughout the program, including hunger monitoring scales, daily planning schedules, weight loss graphs, and motivational cards for handling time/energy hurdles, eating out, and other high-risk situations.

Attachments

• BeckDiet.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 92

HA

I just got this book from the public library on Friday and really like it!

I have tried once to lose the 50lbs I gained when I quit smoking, causing me to be over the normal healthy weight recommended by health professionals. My doctor wants me to lose some weight.

I am so tired of not being able to simply bend down to tie my shoes without major effort.

Since I failed to follow the Weight Watchers (WW) program beyond a couple of months, I wondered if I would ever be able to shed this extra weight. I should not use the term failed because losing weight is hard to do and I will get better at it. (learned that kind of thinking from the book) Since reading and starting to set up this program I am very hopeful that I can succeed and alreayd see why it was so hard for me to stick to the WW program.

I am hoping to use a friend as a support coach and to find an online support community for this program. So far I have found this blog by the Beck Institute. Have not read through the whole thing but thought others may be interested: Cognitive Therapy Today Beck Diet Solution Update

Now I will go through the added links in the article above.

I hope to be a thinner/healthier marshmellow man....lady...person in the future.
:dance:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.