More threads by Ashley-Kate

I don't know whats come over me this week, maybe a mix of the eating disorder that is destroying my health, I am back on antibiotics again after having cought yet another infectionof my throat. I am fealing depressed and exhausted, Trying to find a way out of it all and nothign seems to work. nothing seems to make sence, I am sick of being sad all the time. I had an appointment yesterday with a social worker she was realy nice its in a crisis center she will be seeing me one more time until my psychologist comes back from vacation just to keep my head above water but i feel like i am drowning.not only am i feeling depressed but my health is going down hill as well as the eating disorder takes away the bit of sanity i had left. I am so tired.

greenstarz

Re: tired

Hi, I'm sorry to hear youre struggling with so much right now. Being physically ill always makes me feel so much more depressed too. Are you seeing a psychiarist for the depression? It's good to have a therapist or a psychologist. but the psychiatrist is important too. What's worked for you in the past as far as controlling the eating disorder? I read in another post that you think you are catching it at it's beginning stage again? Maybe you;ll be able to get ahold of it better if you can figure out what's worked in the past. I really wish you the best. Keep posting for support if you feeel it helps. take gentle care.

Re: tired

Glad to hear you have to social worker looking out for you until your therapist returns Hope you can get in to see you general doctor again as well to get the infection under control once that is healed you will have more strength to fight the other issues Hugs to you

Banned

Banned
Hey Ashley,

Getting sick definitely takes a toll on one's mood. Nothing feels good, and you tend to isolate because a) you feel like crap and b) you probably don't want to make others feel like crap either. You have less energy and your body is just not functioning as well as it's used to. Add your ED to that and of course you feel a little more down than usual.

Not to sound all motherly but...make sure you take your antibiotics right to the end, even if you feel better, so you can kick this bug the first time. Try and up your liquids as well if you can.

Hope you feel better soon.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.