More threads by EllieBethNielsen

As some may know from my other posts, I have been trying to quit drinking due to being an alcohol. Today is day three.

I managed to go a year without SH at one point... but the drinking filled the void..

Now without the alcohol I keep doing it, and I don't care, I can't let go of the feeling it gives me.

I know all the techniques to try to stop the urges, they don't work... it's always on the back of my mind..

Am I taking on too much at one time, or should I continue trying to quit both..

(Removed potentially triggering details)

Thanks for listening,

Ellie

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work hun for abstaining from alcohol for 3 days that is hard i know with self harm you need to talk to someone ok that can give you other skills to use to replace that urge of harm Reach out and get help ok

bloodwood

Full Member, Forum Supporter
Hello and congrats on your three days.
Even half a day is a great accomplishment because first you must decide to attempt the change. So I say well done.
To help you succeed please get in touch with Alcoholic Anonymous or a similar group. Sharing the struggle helps a lot and increases the chance of making it a permanent change.
It's like carrying a big rock. Having others to help carry and talk about the big rock makes it easier.

Ftbwgil

Hello and congratulations .......when one stops an addiction they usually have some new found spare time. Being addicted to recovery while your quitting your addictions can be helpfull. I mean reading books on spirituality and going to twelve step meetings seeing a therapist. Talking ... sharing etc It helps to stay busy with positive recovery activities when abstening from your addictions. Also might be a good time to take up walking, swimming, leisure activiites. All of these activities will require an effort. It will be worthwhile. As your mind starts clearing up as you are not numbing it expect reality to surface therefore its good to have a plan in place to share and get rid of all the poison (thoughts and memories that arise). We all know at this point that numbing does not work thats why we are here.

Congratulations on your sobriety. If you look at life by living absolutly in the present all you need to do is stop drinking for now and let things be.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.