More threads by Misha

Misha

I started a new thread because the "British charity..." one was getting bogged down.
I feel there needs to be a place where people leaving pro-ana can find tools for their recovery. There's not much out there, but maybe as people stumble across things they can be posted here.. these resources NEED to be advocated. I would hate for someone leaving pro-ana to come through here and not be pointed to support.

The best (and only) resource I have right now is the site www.webiteback.com. It is a community of women and men who have been pro-ana but have left it. It is a very healthy community and an excellent, real, honest support.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Tools for leaving Pro-Ana

Interesting resource. I think I've seen that before - someone else may have mentioned it on this forum or perhaps my blog, but I'd forgotten about it.

as pro ana sites are xtremly addictive for the girls and boys that participate in it it is as if they feel understood that as there is many other people that have there same perception than that makes there behaviors correct and not unhealthy so they feed each other with it sometimes telling eachother tips or telling each other they need to reach a certain objective by a certain time or reminding each other that they need to lose more weight and more they talk about weight and controle more the site and the enviroment that the site is in is addictive how to get out of it i really can't say you have ot basicly agnolidge that and e-d is a disorder and not a gift not a way of life or a way to fill something missing , you also have ot wnat to get out of it really badly cause if you have just a small partof you that is not ready to fight the e-d i feel that the people on those sights are also ill and that they know just the words to say to keep you in it to make you desire this pattern this way of life as scary and dangerous as it is some of those girls are conscious that this may kill them but they have went beyond that. and honestly i don't think they care really bout the other on the site all they care about is there own disease cause they are so obsessed and absorbed in it
yours trully ashley

Misha

you also have ot wnat to get out of it really badly cause if you have just a small partof you that is not ready to fight the e-d i feel that the people on those sights are also ill and that they know just the words to say to keep you in it to make you desire this pattern this way of life as scary and dangerous as it is some of those girls are conscious that this may kill them but they have went beyond that. and honestly i don't think they care really bout the other on the site all they care about is there own disease cause they are so obsessed and absorbed in it

Ashley, just out of curiosity, have you ever been involved personally in pro-ana? You seem to have an understanding of it, I know you struggle with food too... You don't have to answer, of course, if that is too personal.

It's having to want it really badly that makes sites like "webiteback" so important. It's easier to want something that you can see is in your grasp.
Seeing that other women have left pro-ana and seeing that they've gotten their smiles and their lives back is inspirational... it also provides that community that a pro-ana user has to leave when they leave the movement.

yes i have been part of a pro ana site and well i basicly stayed in the side lines while i was in the hospital i searched a way to preserve my anorexic identity cause i felt the hospitla was trying to rob me of it that is when i cam across a pro ana site and just to see the things written the ways to lose weight and all the tips was just terrifying to see that girls and boys group up to destroye themselves and worst of all is i used that i tryied my best to get the most of it and still today whenni have relapses and still do and still live with the e-d always i think of that site and sometimes when i am completly discouraged and i lose hope i go to that site to find reasurrance that maybe i am doing something right maybe that is bad but it is so hard to leave it cause it is somewere that i feel people dont' judge me that people think like me and i am not just some crazy anorexic .. somewere were i am not sick.. sounds stupid because it is the place that made me stay in the hopital for more than the month they promissed me i stayed 5 months it is the site that aided me to get rehospitalised 5 times but i still sometimes feel i need it but i am getting better to avoid bad influeances .
yours trully ashley

the people on the sites are not your friends or as "they" call themselves .. "buddies" they really don't care about you as much as you think all they care for is the spirit of competition ... and there own disease . the girls on those sites that participate frequently are very sick they are so into there disease that they forget that it is a disease and not an aly and that is something we must all remember .. as some go on those sites they are in search of someone that understands them and must i admit yes those other girls understand somewhat but they don't understand you they understand the disease ( the only thing you have in common if you are on those sites) and the disease is not you .. just like someone that has cancer or any other illness they don't personnalise the disorder there fore they don't say "i am cancer" so we are not anorexic . those sites want to make us believe that it is a gift but what ind of gift would hurt us and eventually lead to our death?
yours trully
ashley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I recently revisited WeBiteBack.com. It has grown considerably since my previous visit and is now a thriving community. Well worth a visit.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.