More threads by Retired

Retired

"I Have Tourette's but Tourette's Doesn't Have Me"

NOMINATED FOR TWO EMMY AWARDS :popcorn:

July 6, 2006 - Bayside, New York - The HBO-TSA documentary, "I Have Tourette's but Tourette's Doesn't Have Me" has received two Emmy Nominations today. One for Outstanding Children's Program and one for Outstanding Cinematography For Nonfiction Programming - Single-Camera Productions.

The winners will be announced at 58th Annual Creative Arts Emmy Awards on Saturday, August 19.

"We are extremely grateful to the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for its acknowledgement of 'I Have Tourette's but Tourette's Doesn't Have Me,' and hope that Academy members will vote to recognize this documentary and the impact it has had on those living with Tourette Syndrome," said Judit Ungar, TSA President.

"These nominations will bring further awareness and education about Tourette Syndrome and continue to keep the program in the public eye," said Monte Redman, TSA Chairman..

Congratulations to Ellen Goosenberg Kent (director and producer), Sheila Nevins (executive producer) and the rest of the amazing HBO team! And of course, thank you to the inspiring and brave young people who starred in this outstanding Emmy-nominated documentary!
-----------
More on this great TV program in this Psychlinks posting.

foghlaim

WOW!!!! you must be thrilled Steve.. two nominations.. that's brilliant!!

have you seen the film yourself yet?

it will really bring Tourette Syndrome into public awareness and more and more pl will get to understand the trials and tribulations of ppl who suffer with tourettes.

I really hope it wins both and if not at least one of them.

nsa

Retired

Any positive and tasteful representation of Tourette helps in increasing awareness. I saw the program when it ran last Fall on HBO and I have it on DVD as part of my collection.

I would urge anyone with an interest in Tourette and wanting to reinforce the self confidence of young people learning to deal with their Tourette to get the DVD.

Thanks for your comments, NSA!

Halo

Steve, Glad to hear that the program got two Emmy nods and hopefully they will both win. Even just being nominated I think puts the program in the spotlight which will in turn I think help society understand Tourettes.

You must be so excited and I am so happy for you after all the hardwork and awareness that you have put out with Tourettes. I personally have not seen the program but I will try to check it out on DVD soon.

Retired

Thank you Nancy, I should clarify that I have no personal connection to the production of this wonderful program, except that I share an interest in support and awareness of Tourette.

The program was produced in the U.S. with the involvement of the Tourette Syndrome Association in New York.

In Canada the Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada has no official connection to our U.S. counterpart, though many of our members have most certainly bought the DVD.

Halo

I knew that you didn't have a connection to the program but just to see an area of your life which you seem to have so much passion for being nominated must almost feel like a personally gain for yourself.

So I will say it again, I am so proud of this program and the awareness that it is going to bring to the rest of the world.

Awesome!!!!

foghlaim

Steve: i like nancy assumed you didn't have anything to do with the production of this film. but for me it doesn't matter that you didn't, you work so hard for the tourette syndrome of canada.. it must be a boost for you.

I will look for this dvd over here also.

nsa

Retired

I will look for this dvd over here also.

There are some copyright issues with that DVD, so your best bet to get one is to order it from the TSA - USA unless you have access to satellite transmission of HBO where you could record it on TIVO or on your VCR.

If you visit the TSA -USA site, look for the sections on their front page, top left, which I have illustrated in the attachment.

Holly

Hi Steve,
This is wonderful, great news, thank you.
One questions are the emmys on TV to watch to see if it wins the awards?

"I Have Tourette's but Tourette's Doesn't Have Me" NOMINATED FOR TWO EMMY AWARDS

Retired

One questions are the emmys on TV to watch to see if it wins the awards?

It's been a while since I watched an Emmy Show, since I find I don't recognize many of the performers and shows, based on what I like to watch :eek:

However I recall in some past shows, they scroll through the awards not given prime time, such as those for best actor etc. They list the people who got wards for lighting, editing and they also list programs such as documentaries.

I would expect a cursory mention at best, and if there is no mention, a Google search the next day would probably provide the answer. :)

HBO seems to run the program from time to time, so if you have access to HBO, check the listings and get your DVD recorder ready 8)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.