More threads by MelissaK9174

I'm already on a generic antidepressant called Doxepin that my GP put me on a few years ago. Today the psychiatrist added another one for me to take in the mornings called Lexapro. He said it will take a few weeks to work :( hopefully I can suffer through until then. Or maybe it will make me sleepy and I can sleep a lot until it really starts working.

Banned

Banned
While everyone is definitely different when it comes to medication, I can tell you that I've had excellent results with Lexapro and I hope you do too. Just follow your doctor's instructions for dosing, don't skip doses, and give it time to work. And if its not the one for you, don't give up. I tried several before I got to Lexapro. Again, everyone is different.

That's good news. My best friend has tried a lot of medications and she was concerned they might give me something that could potentially do more harm than good and she demanded that I text her to let her know what they were gonna put me on while I was still in the building LOL and she approved of that one too. I'm glad to know you had good results with it too. Makes me hopeful that in a few weeks maybe I will be a little bit better off lol

I was kinda scared they were gonna take me off my regular anti-depressant that I've been on because that one has worked for me, I just need a little more. My best friend was saying that over time, ya become immune to them and they will eventually have to take me off it and give me something else. I'm glad for now though that they just added something to it.

The GP already had to up the dose once and now I'm having to have this added on ....but I'm hoping it's because we just haven't hit the right amount for me since we started all this and that maybe once I get to the proper amount for me, then we won't have to worry with adjusting it anymore.

That's what I'm hoping anyway lol

Banned

Banned
It's not unusual for it to take some trial and error to get the right combination. You may find it helpful to take some notes on how you feel at the different doses to help your doctor assess how to adjust things. I added a new medication to my Lexapro about eight weeks ago and I'm on my third dose. It's a trial - we may increase it after this, leave it here, or drop it back to where it was, or change to something else all together. But accurate feedback for your doctor is the best tool you can keep in your pocket at this time.

Yeah, I try to pay attention for sure..I worry about taking medication because I've had some adverse reactions to just plain old antibiotics in the past. They put me on 3 neurontins a day because of my hip/sciatic nerve problem and I actually started having mild hallucinations, which scared the crap out of me lol. I took it down to 2 and I was ok again.

I remember when I first got on my antidepressant that it took a couple weeks for it to make me feel better and it actually got worse before it got better. There were a few instances during the adjustment period waiting on the antidepressant to get in my system and start working that I scared myself even. I was glad when that feeling passed. So I'm trying to remind myself that it could F with me for a minute but if I wait for it to pass that it will probably get better.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.